Spotting after sex?

Sarah20109

Reaction score
DH and I had sex Thursday morning for the first time since getting my bfp. It had been a good two weeks since we had DTD (we were afraid it would effect the pregnancy. I know it doesn't but we're paranoid). Anyway straight after sex I checked for blood and there was none. Later on that evening there was a spot of brown discharge on the tissue after wiping. I did some internal investigation and there was a bit more light brown discharge up by my cervix. It had cleared out by the next morning so I didn't worry. Late last night I was checking again just to be sure and it was there again. Very light brown discharge. Not very much of it at all. None ever gets on my underwear I only see it when I internally look for it or when there's a tiny spot of it on the tissue after wiping. It looks like my regular discharge is tinted a light brown. I have absolutely no cramps what so ever. I Googled it and it seems to be common I just wanted to see if any of you ladies have experienced it? If so, how long before it completely cleared up?

Yup I had pink discharge the first time we dtd after the bfp and we held off on penetration for a couple weeks just in case...but we've done it lots of times since with nothing! You're right, it's nothing to worry about :)

I had it about 50% of the time after sex when I was pregnant with my now two-month old. Common but neurosis-inducing, sucks!

I had this but fresh blood I freaked and went a&e she said its common but still scary that we have not had sex since also morning sickness dont help. Have to admit I have to keep checking the tp after I wiped. I thought I share my experience :) :flower:

Thanks for the responses ladies! You definitely helped ease my mind. The spotting has stopped completely, but I think we're going to hold off on DTD again until my first scan -- I'm such a worry wart :haha:. Spotting stopped and MS kicked into over drive. Just happy to know my little bug is nestled in, hopefully for the long haul. :)

I had this too! I have also just had pink/browny discharge after (tmi coming up) being really constipated and pushing too hard. Now I don't know for definite that everything is ok but the midwife seemed to think it was just coming from the constipation so I would urge anyone to not push excessively during bowel movements as if you're having spotting from dtd, you could well get it from that too and I don't want anyone freaking out like I am right now! X

I had this today too after making love after 2 weeks, it was pale pink after wiping and then a tiny pinky/brown on my underwear a bit later but now nothing, I'm assuming it was just from sex as I'm a little sore so maybe a scratch or small abrasion is the cause?

I've spotted after sex with all 3 of my pregnancies, until around 11-12 weeks. :hugs: It's scary, but it is common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->