Spotting almost 10 weeks after giving birth?

MattleyHD

Reaction score
A few details, my wife gave birth to our beautiful daughter a few days shy of 10 weeks ago. She stopped bleeding 4 or 5 weeks later. After about a week and a half of no bleeding (at her 6 week checkup) she got back on birth control. A few days shy of two weeks on birth control, we had unprotected sex, once, and the next day, had protected sex. It had been a week and a half after the (no condom) sex and she spotted for a day. She had not had her first regular period yet, which is why we are confused as to what to expect for first period after giving birth. She took an EPT and was negative within the 3 minutes. However at about 7 min or so, a faint shadow appeared where the positive would be. Thick line, not thin. But you had to hold it up to the light in the right angle to see it. She took a First Response at the same time and was negative, no lines, not even after an hour. Any comments would help or similar situations. Shes too embarrassed to call the doctor at the moment.

Additional Details
She stopped breastfeeding at 2 weeks, not working out, out daughter wasn't getting enough and very gassy/colicky. It was a tough decision, but she is growing normal now on formula and is a lot less fussy.

It's confusing isn't it. My lo is 14 wks old friday and i have only just had my 1st AF since having her. Like ur wife i had three days of spotting spaced out etc so i went doctors. I ended up taking a test ehich was negative and then had swabs done. Im waitin for results but ive since started after 14 wks.......I dnt no if it will help but all the best!

Just an update, she had her first period at 10 weeks. Thanks for all who read and mummyof32011 for responding. It was a frantic and stressful two days, but all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->