Spotting at 29 weeks

iAMaDH

Reaction score
Hi, my wife just had a bit of bright red spotting, probably about one-third of a teaspoon according to her. No more blood when she wiped and no other symptoms. DS is at 29 weeks now.

Is this spotting normal? Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had a small incident like that, very little pink/brown discharge at 28/29 week, lasted for almost 2 days. It was small blood vessel that broke when the baby turned and it is very common and nothing to worry about generally, there are a lot of vessels down there and an increased blood flow. I still went to ER for a quick U/S in case there was a problem with my placenta.
Red bright blood should be more worrying so I certainly advice you to take your wife to the doc or the hospital for a check up. Better safe than sorry.

i would definitely get it checked out

chances are its nothing to worry about but you will only stress until you know for sure which isn't gonna be good for baby

hope everything is ok x

She should defintaley contact her mw/ob. I had the same happen at 26 weeks and turned out to be a slight yeast infection so no big deal.... but any blood should be reported asap!

Just wondering if anyone else had spotting during their third trimester. Thanks for sharing.

I had this at 29 weeks,went into hospital,had loads of checks done and everything was fine. Loads of hanging around and ctg monitoring. Was nice to get a extra scan done! They like to check all is ok with the placenta.
To be honest,Ive had little bits of blood here and there throughout (im 39 weeks tomorrow) and have heard many other ladies have had this too. Think it was linked to thrush at one point but they never really discovered why I had the bleed. Getting it checked out will put your mind at rest.

The thing is (and no offence meant by this) that there are lots of reasons for spotting - eg I had internal thrush from antibiotics just before your wife's stage, and that caused spotting. There are so many reasons, and a lot can be benign - but she still needs to get checked out. In a way our experiences are irrelevant as it's important that your wife sees someone. Likely it'll be nothing, but better safe than sorry xx

Always best to get checked just incase.. it msybe nothing but then again it could be and not worth leaving..

Definitely agree with the others, get checked for your peace of mind and to be on the safe side. Good luck :)

I had a massive bright red bleed at 26 weeks. All was fine and they still don't know where it came from. But my ob/gyn did say that bleeding in the third tri can cause you to release a hormone which could start contractions. This is why they will often monitor you just in case. I'm sure you absolutely fine but maybe go to your local ER just for some monitoring and a check up. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->