Spotting at 6 weeks? Lochia stopped after 2 weeks.

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Me again with yet another question!

I had spotting yesterday, which has stopped again today. I also noticed it two weeks ago. My baby is 6.5 weeks old and my postpartum bleeding stopped around 2/3 weeks.

I know it could be my period, but it has stopped again now and if it was period related, I'd imagine it would continue or at least last longer than a day?

Also, (TMI) I have been constipated the last few days, so I'm wondering if stressful bowel movements can cause vaginal bleeding?

Anyone experience something similar or know what it could be?

Thank you!

I would go to your GP, I had the same and it turned out to be nothing but they did test me to check some placenta hasn't been retained.

Have you had your 6 week check? I would go on the safe side, I thought I might have been OTT but was told I had definitely done the right thing

Thanks tublet, I've got my 6 week check on Thursday, so will be sure to mention it then.

How do they test for retained placenta? Is it by ultrasound?

They did swabs to check for infection, and the next step would have been am ultrasound. it all came back clear and the bleeding stopped so I was told it had just taken me a little longer to recover.

I am sure your fine as from what I was told your usually in a lot of pain and would get checked out, but best off to be sure! X

I had spotting for a very long time after birth, any time I overdid it at all. I also has my period about 1.5 or 2 months postpartum. It was barely more than spottingf and hasn't returned since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->