spotting/bleeding, What do I do? (uk)

princess_1991

Lily and PG with Twins!
Reaction score
Major freak out! Last night I started bleeding, well I say bleeding, its too much to be spotting but I wouldnt say full period, still going strong this morning, no cramps or anything, my only consolation is that its brown blood but not that its worrying me any less!*I have no idea what to do! I haven't registered with the midwife yet, can you self reffer to epau (uk) or does it have to be done by doctor/midwife?

How far along are you? I had brown spotting at 6 weeks and 8 weeks and even had a lot of red blood in the toilet at 8 weeks- was sure it was over and everything was ok!! The first was thought to be late implantation bleeding and the second a UTI. I was so worried about it at the time but the doctor told me that as long as I wasnt bleeding through lots of pads- there was nothing to worry about. Also, my friend bled heavily at 10 weeks and was even fine! I'll pray that you will be OK!!

I am also in the UK. I haven't experienced this but I live in fear of it everyday! If you are all worried phone NHS 24 and speak to one of their nurses if they think you or baby are in any danger they will call you in and have you see a doctor! Best of good wishes!

Im 6+2 lola

I never thought of nhs direct, someone on our group said go up a&e but I dont know what they can do or what they will do :shrug:

I would contact your out of hours Gp who may refer you to EPU. I can self refered to mine but I know they are all different. Hope all is well x

I would call the EPAU, the midwife told me to do that if I have any bleeding/pains etc..

You can refer yourself to the EPU. The midwives there are usually really nice and understanding. They should book you in for a scan as soon as they can and then see you before/afterwards to check you're ok.

I'm sure you'll be ok!

I'd try to get a scan. Bleeding is common, but not considered normal, and should be investigated IMO. Hope you're okay. I bled/spotted for ten weeks with my son, who is now almost two.

Ive checked the hospital website and although it does say I can self refer, epu is only open monday-friday :dohh:

Hi I had a bleed at 6 wks went to epu and everything was fine. Xx

Ive checked the hospital website and although it does say I can self refer, epu is only open monday-friday :dohh:

That's pretty normal with EPU, I wouldn't bother with a&e (unless you were bleeding out or in agony with suspected ectopic) as they would usually just wait til epu opens to scan you.

FX for you Mama x

Thankyou tulip, I rang nhs direct and they said there is nothing they can do except pass my details along to epu in the morning and to just try and rest up

Probably.going to ring epu myself tomorrow because im not relying on them to do it!

Thanks for the advice ladies :hugs:

I had blown spotting at 6+5 and a little yesterday the first time I went to a&e and they booked me in for a scan when I went to the scan all was ok saw heart beat and everything! Most importantly they assured me that bleeding in early pregnancy is perfectlt normal they just dont know why this happens as long as it isnt bright red with clots and isnt accompanied with really bad cramps everything should be fine :) I know its hard not to worry I freaked out when it happend last night but told myself it was normal, good luck with everything sending lots of baby dust :) xxx

Absolutely ring them yourself. Now, get thee to bed with a good book and some warm milk.

My mw the other day was at pains to point out just how common early pregnancy bleeding is, but that doesn't help while it's actually happening to you.
Let us know how you get on tomorrow xx

I had heavy clotty bright red bleeding Friday afternoon to night with dull achy AF pains. My doctor said to lie down and you can put a warm pack on your tummy if you have bad cramping as it helps relax the muscles.
Mine stopped after 5 hours. It sounds like yours isn't as bad. Do take it easy though and drink some tea if you have any decaf (mint, ginger or roobios chai decaf).

I have a scan Monday, it stopped so it wasn't a m/c I'm pretty sure. There could be a tear in the lining but apparently it happens to many women, do focus on the positive right now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->