Spotting. Kinda (really) freaking out

That is so awful that they wouldn't help :nope:

I hope everything went ok with the doctor. Keeping my fingers crossed for you :hugs:

Good news ladies! I went to the OB this morning and he did the ultrasound and baby has a heartbeat! Everything looks good! Baby is measuring 6w3d (Pretty much exactly where I figured it was) and he calculates my due date to be Dec. 30th, though I'm pretty sure baby will actually come in early January as I have long cycles. He said the blood was likely caused by the placenta implanting and/or just general increased blood flow and pressure down there. He said I could continue on with normal activities and just be careful with heavy lifting and intercourse for a while.
I'm am SO relieved! :wohoo: He said everything looked good. No sign of anything that should be cause for concern.
I cried like a little baby when I saw/heard to heartbeat. I was holding my mom's hand the whole time and she said "Aww, that's the prettiest grandbaby I've ever seen *sniffle*" (her first).
The Doc was great. He explained everything in detail and was very informative and didn't make me feel uncomfortable at all. (I was NOT looking forward to some strange man down there looking at my lady bits.)
So it was a very good day. DH and I (and family and friends) are very pleased.

I am appalled and shocked that the ER won't see you. What the hell? They have to see pregnant women and do bloods and an ultrasound! I know that's how it is here in TN and I was under the impression it was a nationwide thing?! I have never had trouble getting care at the ER, I am seriously livid for you. Is there a different ER you can go to? Just go in and say "I'm pregnant and bleeding." Because there is NO reason they shouldn't treat you.

It isn't that they wouldn't see me, they just wouldn't promise they were actually going to do anything. They said I'd be examined and the Doc would determine whether or not to actually do anything. That he probably wouldn't do the scan, and if he did it definitely wouldn't be the same day. I wasn't interested in potentially paying thousands of dollars to be told to go home and "see what happens". She was just annoyed that we didn't have a doctor's order or had anyone confirm the pregnancy. She said "We don't even know if you're actually pregnant, so we can't promise anything." And it just got worse when we mentioned that I planned on using a midwife. People here can be so prejudice against midwives.
But the ladies at the pregnancy crisis center were amazing and able to hook me up with a great OB, and it didn't cost thousands of dollars, so that was a plus too. ;)

Yay, what a relief! Congrats!! :yipee:

I should add that the Doc said this was probably the first day they would have been able to see the heartbeat, so it was good I didn't get in yesterday. He said if I had, we probably wouldn't have been able to see the heartbeat, and it would have caused undue "stress and disappointment". (More like heartbreak. And my fear was what if they hadn't seen a heartbeat and wanted to do a D&C! :nope:) So glad everything worked out how it did! God is good!

I'm so glad you got in today then. They would have more than likely had you come back in, in a few days to see if it had grown any if you hadn't seen the HB. I don't think they would've pushed for a D&C so quick. Either way, you would have been very stressed for a few more days. Congrats again! You should join our December due date group if you haven't already!

I'm so glad you got in today then. They would have more than likely had you come back in, in a few days to see if it had grown any if you hadn't seen the HB. I don't think they would've pushed for a D&C so quick. Either way, you would have been very stressed for a few more days. Congrats again! You should join our December due date group if you haven't already!

I doubt they would have too, but it was still a fear of mine. With the cranky, rude people we were dealing with it would hardly have surprised me, though DH and I had talked about it already and decided not to do a D&C, just in case.
Thank you SO much! I certainly will if I haven't! I honestly can't remember. The last few days I've been so distracted!

Bevziibubble, I just realized how close we are! My ticker says 6w5d, but Doc says 6w4d, so we're gonna be due very close together! Maybe our lo's will share a birthday! :)

Congratulations!! I'm so glad you got the amazing news that you were hoping for:) Here's to a happy and healthy 34 more weeks for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->