Spotting on and off for what seems like forever...

TaraMum

Mum of baby & teen!
Reaction score
Anyone else seem to have a few days without then it comes back? I'm 9 weeks pregnant and it ranges from tiny brown or pink streaks to very very light bleeding. I've had 2 scans, the last was 2 days ago and everything was fine, measuring bang on for dates, heartbeat perfect and no sign of a bleed anywhere else. I do feel a little bit of pelvic pain but I have interstitial cystitis and a slight prolapse from my daughter's birth 3 years ago. I just want it to stop :( Doesnt help that I'm 4 weeks off my 41st birthday and panicking that I'm too old...

Oh and I've had no sex since I conceived and my sickness has gone through the roof over the last few days so my hcg must be rising...just want to know what's going on!

I've been spotting on and off since I first got my BFP and they just dated my pregnancy at 6 weeks 2 days. It's normally a tan colored discharge than bleeding though I remember I had one day of pink streaks on the toilet tissue >.>
if your doctor isn't too concerned with it, I wouldn't be concerned.
The only thing my doctor was concerned about was the pregnancy being in the right place. I would ask your doctor if he or she may have some ideas where the bleeding is coming from.

With my Son, i started ib bleeding browny/pinky discharge which was constant from 5dpo right up to not long before my 12wk scan, i reckon easy upto 9ish wks & it just stopped one day, cant remember when though.. Ive had none this pg (*touch wood)

I think he implanted on a Vessel

Last night I had a light bleed and mild cramping, like the first day of a period. It's brown this morning. Pretty sure something isn't right, this is my 4th pregnancy and I've never had anything like it before. I have been to EPU 3 times in the last 3 weeks and everything always looks fine. So confused.

Sorry you habe this stress & worry Tara, it most probably is fine but anything out of the norm always raises my awareness aswell, were the epu able to see where the lightbleeding/spotting was coming from before? X

I had this exact thing, had two ultrasounds which showed a healthy baby etc.
I bled on and off for 3 weeks. It would range from bright red to brown. But not enough that I needed a pad or anything.
I was so worried. At one point it stopped for a week and then it started again but only lasted for 1 day. And it's been gone since 8 weeks.
Apparently 1 in 4 women have unexplained bleeding and go on to have healthy pregnancies/babies.
I didn't have this with my other 3 kids. So it's unusual for me.
Chances are it's just one of those unexplained things for you and I.
Hang in there. I know it can be scary.

I am going through this right now... It's bizarre. At 4 weeks I had 3 days of light brown spotting and it went away... Then at 8 weeks I had it again for a few days - thankfully it coincided with my dating scan and I was able to see a little heart beat going. I was thinking it might be tied to when my period should have been coming but then suddenly Wednesday morning this week it happened again with cramping and has continued through today. It seems to be a lot in the morning when I first get up and then it stops until the evening.... I was freaking out thinking it was another miscarriage and supposed to go to the doctor today but she got called out for a delivery so I am just sitting tight and hoping for the best. I am 38 and was starting to wonder if I am too old too! :S

I'm sorry you are going through this as well - I hope it stops soon!

Thanks everyone! It's still going on today, 48 hours on from when I had a light bleed so I will be ringing the doc on Monday to see if he can get me into EPU again. I think in the last week I've had maybe 2 or 3 days without any spotting or blood :( Claireybell no, they didn't see any bleeding at all on the scan but it has increased since then x x

Thanks Tara - everything seems to have stopped for now.

Sorry to hear things have continued on your end but glad to hear you are getting into the doctor early next week. So strange they saw nothing on the ultrasound - I was wondering if you might have an SCH... Hope they get to the bottom of this for you so you can rest your mind and worries! x

I've had on/off slotting throughout the first trimester of my second, third and fourth (current) pregnancies. I hope it makes you feel better that they've all been perfect, and the spotting stopped at 12-14 weeks each time.

Hi all. Well the spotting stopped a couple of days,ago, I've got nasty vaginal pain though so I still think something is not right. The doctor yesterday was so unhelpful, told me that there is nothing they can do if I'm threatening to M/C blah blah...I really wanted him to do a swab to check for infection as I'm a GBS carrier but he wouldn't. He did grudgingly send off a urine sample so will see how that comes back....my pregnancy symptoms are still going strong and I threw up this morning so that's keeping me positive! I've got my first midwife appointment on Thursday so hopefully I can get her to take a swab x x

Hi all. Well the spotting stopped a couple of days,ago, I've got nasty vaginal pain though so I still think something is not right. The doctor yesterday was so unhelpful, told me that there is nothing they can do if I'm threatening to M/C blah blah...I really wanted him to do a swab to check for infection as I'm a GBS carrier but he wouldn't. He did grudgingly send off a urine sample so will see how that comes back....my pregnancy symptoms are still going strong and I threw up this morning so that's keeping me positive! I've got my first midwife appointment on Thursday so hopefully I can get her to take a swab x x

Im glad the bleeding has stopped!! I will be keeping you in my prayers. Symptoms is a GOOD thing!!! I also had the major vag pain with my bleeding...I put myself on modified bed rest. For 2 weeks. Which was incredibly hard with 3 little kids.
As far as I know my baby is fine(had an u/s at 7w4d saw hb). I'm now over 12 weeks, and will hopefully hear the heartbeat next week at my midwife appt.
Hang in there, bleeding and cramping don't always mean m/c. Big big hugs!!!!

Thank you Jen! Great to hear a positive story, I just hope mine continues to be positive too :) Hugs back! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->