Spotting or light period?

Tink_

Reaction score
Sorry, this feels like a ridiculous question given that I have been having periods for 15 years but it's one I couldn't 100% give the answer to and I'm trying to work it out for cycle dates etc.

When would you say spotting is a light period?

Since Friday I have had dark brown spotting, only really there when I wipe and definitely not needed a towel/tampon but this is there pretty much every cycle for 3 days. Would you class this as the start of my period as it is every 28 days? I'd usually then get 2 days of heavy bleeding then light bleeding after that but not as light as before that. It's strange!

Thank you x

They say you consider the first day of actual flow cd1. Some women do spot before they start af. I would say count the first day you have regular flow as cd1 if your using an app or ff you can always mark spotting for the days before just so you have it for your records. I also only get a regular flow for 3days and 2days of spotting after my gyno told me a 3day flow was within normal range and no reason to fret. I was a like freaked out after have a 5day full flow all of sudden turn into 3days but she reassured that this was indeed medically considered a normal period.
Hope this helps hun
Best of luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"