Spotting vs Bloody Show?

krulci

Reaction score
I definitely didn't lose my mucus plug, which is what I would term as bloody show, but I had spotting on the tissue after wiping, last night. :shrug: I've had series of painful contractions that last for a few hours and go away only to come back a day later. This has been happening for a week or two, now, and they're back again this morning... Here's my question: if the tissue didn't have much at all mucus on it, but DID have several drops of pink/red blood, is this my bloody show? If not, is this something to call the midwife about? I have an appt tomorrow...

Thanks!

I was told if i saw any red blood to call. (I'm only 33 weeks, so I was also to call about bloody show and others as I've had preterm labor in the past) but I'd call to find out if they want to see you sooner than your appointment.

I ended up losing (at least a major portion of) my mucus plug right after posting. Accompanied with lots of cramping! So here's to hoping this is the beginning of labor!! :happydance: If I'm still not in active labor by tomorrow, I'll definitely bring it up to my midwife...

I was told any red blood to contact hospital.

Bloody show should be snotty mucus type. Bloody show doesnt always mean labour is right around the corner.

Lots of labour vibes to you!

Eish... Now I'm nervous... I read somewhere that bloody show could be spotting without mucus, and where the mucus followed after, I didn't think much of it. Maybe I'll see if I can bump up my appt by a few hours? Have any of you had any experience with this?

Your bloody show can come with or without mucus. Spotting is also normal. They say to call or go to L&D if you have period type bleeding

I woke up to quite heavy red spotting on my underwear at 3am on my due date. There wasn't any mucus.

I went in to L & D (due to being on blood thinners) and was told it was the start of my bloody show. The lot actually came out straight after the examination at 8am & that was all mucus and bright red blood.

My son was born 10 hours later.

This may well be it, especially as it's your second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->