Squats to induce labor?

Nope, sorry! Worth a shot if you've got the energy though x

If you can manage squats go for it! I'm impressed. I'd get stuck

I'd be more worried about peeing to be honest, apple_20!

Can feel pain in my pelvis just thinking about it haha.

I dont think any of old wives tales work, all down to baby saying i want out.

Squats??! I can't even get up off the sofa never mind doing squats :rofl:

If you can manage it then I say go for it ;)

I've been doing squats quite frequently, but nothing as of yet! I've read that they are great to do in preparing your body for labor.

I don't think they are meant to bring on labor but they can help ripen cervix in late pregnancy. When I was in early labor with ds#1 I wasn't comfy and had a lot of pressure down there. I did squats to help stretch and alleviate the pressure and it did seem to help thin cervix. It also helped me stay active and take pressure off my back. The motion is similar to bouncing on a ball so I don't think it could hurt.
I do some squats every day as part of my normal workout. They help stretch and strengthen leg and hip muscles that could help in labor. deep squats I think are what you are thinking about trying to bring on labor. I still don't think it would bring on labor but if your doc is ok with it, then it is worth a try (after 37 weeks)
as always, double check with doc to be sure your body and lo can handle it. Best of luck.

Squat actions on a ball are good for helping baby move down into position but I doubt it helps induce labour :flower:

It probably won't help start labour but doing squats will likely help you when it comes to pushing.

Squats can help in labour toget contractions closer together I did this. :)

Sideways lunges are also supposed to be good for opening the pelvis and helping baby move down

I really think anything will bring on labor I've tried few things and its up to when the baby is ready. No matter what we do, its not going to happen :)

It probably won't help start labour but doing squats will likely help you when it comes to pushing.

I was looking up ways to help with labor as it seems I'll have yet another big baby! And this was one of them! I found a squat challenge for labor and started that today!! My goal is to have insane leg muscles by delivery and thigh blast him out!

Now. This all depends on my motivation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->