Sretchmarks - ever normal again?

K

kirsten1985

I know that stretchmarks fade to a silvery colour (which i am looking forward to!) but was wondering if the skin ever looks normal again.

I have them on my tummy from being pregnant and still have a couple of pounds to shift from the same area. When the weight goes will the skin look like it used to or will I have extra skin from it being stretched? (I only have a bit of extra weight there, not too much).

I'm kind of happy to keep a bit of podge if it means my skin doesn't go all wrinkly...

Help!

It won't be the same. They're scars :( sorry :hugs:

The only thing you can do to improve the look of the skin is to use special lotions against scars... I used one after my pregnancy but sadly I can't remember the name of the lotion. But you could ask at any pharmacy store for anti-scars lotions...

Yeah I can't see my belly ever being the same again. I can feel the difference, i.e the skin is not as smooth as it was due to the stretching. I will prefer it when they fade to silver. I agree Kirsten, I too would rather be a bit podgy than saggy :)

I had very small stretch marks with my first daughter (very low on my abdomen, almost at the pubic bone). They are very very faint now -- but the skin isn't exactly like it was -- it is slightly looser. For me personally, it is not so obvious. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->