Stage 2 - exactly 7 months? & milk feeds!

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
So stage 2 is for 7 months! When did you Mummies start stage 2 ...before 7 months, spot on 7 months or after 7 months?

Caitlin loves her food!

Whata bout milk feeds are they the same? Caitlin has morning, lunch, dinner & bedtime bottle.

7 months *gulp*

i cant believe shes getting so big already...

(sorry no advice :rofl:)

are you talkin bout baby food 7mths? i already started callum on them, he loves to eat rusks and toast so i thought why not give it a go and he loves them.

Well I use jars too and they have Stage 2 I assume these are lumpier plus the jars are bigger :D

An yer Terrie - kinda gave me a lump in my throat when I said 7 months lol!

yeah they are abit lumpier, he gagged a couple of times at first but has got used to the lumps now.

7 months!! hasnt the time flown over?!!

Yer :shock:

So I take it I'm ok to buy these from next week since she has brekkie fruit & dinner every day?

Was more than likely a dumb question but well LOs wean at different stages so they must move on in diff stages too not nessisarily (sp?) at the exact 7month mark!

Thanks Lorri - Will grab some nex week and see how it goes :D

Hi Wobbles

Time is flying in isn't it?!

Not sure what brand you buy or if you use a mix but I remember from my DD different brands seemed to vary a lot with their lumpy bits! Some of the Hipp range were really hard lumps and DD would gag on them for months and months but other brands like Boots Organic etc seemed to give some lumps but softer textures and so just encouraged DD to chew them.

Does Caitlin enjoy a lot of finger foods? If she does she'll probably manage all the lumpy jars really well

Hi Lucy

Time is flying by but loving every minute :D

I buy diff brands have you noticed they do different varities (p?) in diff brands like one recipe won't be available with all? Either that or my local Boots & tesco serioulsy have low stock availability - well they do tbh so I mix! Hipp do some nice menus (is that the best word lol)!

Not to good with her finger foods but again have only been finding little snacks for 7months plus! I is shopping tomorrow but she has the odd thing ...I'll be honest it scares me a little.

Shes chews her food even though it doesn't need chewed :lol: - shes watched us do it I think and loves it! Shes a monkey hehe chomps her lips if we eat and she isn't!

Hey hun, I gave Oliver some stage 2 food today (Hipp) for the 1st time! Well...it was a nightmare! He spat it out...he choked and gagged and it all ended in tears! So i stopped and I will just keep trying him everyday. They are alot lumpier and the tastes are alot stronger too. All you can do is try her and see how she goes, but there's no rush is there. Oliver has one tooth halfway through now too! I cannot beleive they are 7months! Hope it goes ok! Good luck! x

Try the heinz dinner ranges in powder form for 7 months plus. Katie loves these and they have a good texture but very copeable, much more sensible than some of the jars.

DD 1 & 2 took to lumpy food reaaly well.

I actually dispaired of DS ever eating solid food, he was a good 10 months b4 he would even cope with small soft lumps.
Got to the stage where he wanted to eat our food, but would have to blend it down to completely smooth puree, slightest lump and he'd choke, and gag then refuse to eat.

I remember phoning my health visitor in tears on day. I'd tried him with spaghetti as it was soft, yet he refused it, so tried him with 4 month baby jar ( as they were then, now stage 1 i think), and he refused that too.

Now he eats me under the table most days, and theres very little he won't eat, although getting a bit fussy now he's older.

It may need patience & perserverance, or if she's anything like my 2 girls you'll wonder why you worried.

Good luck, hope its all plain sailing for you.

Hey hun, I gave Oliver some stage 2 food today (Hipp) for the 1st time! Well...it was a nightmare! He spat it out...he choked and gagged and it all ended in tears! So i stopped and I will just keep trying him everyday. They are alot lumpier and the tastes are alot stronger too. All you can do is try her and see how she goes, but there's no rush is there. Oliver has one tooth halfway through now too! I cannot beleive they are 7months! Hope it goes ok! Good luck! x
Because theres more in the jar I've blended it and she enjoys it - something to try for now if after the stage 1 hes still got his lil mouth open for more (Caitlin did lol)

And I know @ 7 months :shock: soon be 8 then 1 then 13 :rofl:

Try the heinz dinner ranges in powder form for 7 months plus. Katie loves these and they have a good texture but very copeable, much more sensible than some of the jars.
Oooo! Are they not as lumpy? I've bought cow & gate and tbh they do seem a bit too lumpy on some foods!

Thanks Caroline - I have got plans to blend some of my foods but I keep forgetting not to put salt in stuff I boil etc :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->