Standing

S

Serene123

How do you teach babies to get their balance. I know, I know, they learn in their own time but what can I do to help her along? Just leave her to her pulling herself up and climbing? Please don't tell me off! :(

Awwww hun I dont think anyone is going to tell you off xx Just let her be she will find her own balance by pulling up and standing. xx

I've been wondering the same... Josh pulls himself on the tv furniture and if let go of 1 hand he falls. I guess they will learn on their own... :dohh:

my friends baby girl Annie who is just a week older than your Caitlyn pulled herself up out of the blue just maybe 2 days ago! Came out of nowhere, was sitting in her cot and was frustrated just sitting there and her mummy put her arms out towards her as if to pick her up and instead, Annie grabbed the the top rail and just pulled herself up! Came out of nowhere, i don't even think she knew what she was doing, her mind was just set on trying to reach her mum. After a couple more practices doing the same thing, she's a pro at pulling herself up!

She can pull herself up, I want to teach her to get some balance, and eventually stand up unaided. I know she will do it on her own. I really do! I just wonder if there's anything I can do to help

Its not really about balance, it is more about ligament and muscle developement, which takes awhile. Not only do her legs need the developement but her spine etc too, which is why it takes them awhile using baby walkers etc before they can do it alone.... Not trying to tell you off either lol ;) Just take awhile to develope, shes doing great.

To give an example, take a person who has been injured or is paralyze and not been able to walk or stand for a long time.

It can take them months to over a year just to rehabilitate enough to get up, because of muscle loss, and weak ligaments, and this is a person who can comprehend and think about what exactly they are doing.

Babies are just mimicking us and going by their instinct.

callum could pull himself up for ages before he got his balance, then one day he stood on his own. Not much you can do to help them, ive found that with callum, the more i try to get him to walk the more determined he his not to do it.

Maybe a walker for babies can help out :) theres some nice ones out there with lights and sounds she may love

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->