started on washable nappies :-)

T

tinytoes

I kept meaning to do this and have finally started to use washable nappies during the day. By night I'm still on pampers for ease.

We're using fuzzi bunz and love them :)
No leaks yet.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/64629971@N00/2880160548/in/set-72157607391533413/

Cute!

We use BumGenius and i love them. I do use a disposable at night because if he has not poo'd then I am not going to change him in the night. Once he does start sleeping all night long, I won't be changing him.

My cloth-butt:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/samantha675/Brennan/furrug2.jpg

Yes, and that is why I prefer the BumGenius, it is sooo much easier than dealing with snaps.

Yey! Thats great. I love using real nappies. They aren't hard to use and I feel like I'm saving a fortune!

i love cloth! I have been building my stash up before Baby Girl arrives. i'll be using mostly pockets as well, they are so cute!!!

Cute!

We use BumGenius and i love them. I do use a disposable at night because if he has not poo'd then I am not going to change him in the night. Once he does start sleeping all night long, I won't be changing him.

My cloth-butt:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/samantha675/Brennan/furrug2.jpg

i just ordered a single bumgenius to see how we get on. That velcro looks good. The only thing that bothers me is that the websoite said to dry pail...i prefer to wet pail..hope it wont ruin them!?

ive used washables since joshua was 7 days old.we are using bambino mio,only had about 2 leaks and thats coz he was in them too long.
im using disposables through the night as he usually sleeps for about 7-8 hours and they start to leak after about 4 or so hours

bit of a nasty question but are you ok with washing them in the washing machine after a number 2 after all your clothes go in there too!

I've got bumgenius too and can't wait to start using them. I've put it off for a while whilst he's doing so many poos - I don't want to stain them. How have you found washing them? Do they stain and do you tumble dry them?

xxx

bit of a nasty question but are you ok with washing them in the washing machine after a number 2 after all your clothes go in there too!

i havnt had any problems hun.

i use liners so it catches the poo then just flush the liner down the toilet.
with using the you only get a little poo on the nappy itself maybe not even any.

if there is abit of poo on the nappy,when i flush the liner i just put the nappy under the water (when toilet flushes) and that gets most of the poo off.

I tumble dry them. If you have any stains the sun will bleach them out, so just hang them on the line for a while xxx

i havnt had any problems with staining and i dry pail them.
i dry them on the line when the weather is ok if not i tumble dry them, i always finish them off in the tumble drier to soften them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->