Started weaning at 4months- what can a 6 month old baby eat? Ideas please :)

scerena

Cautiously Expecting #1
Reaction score
:hi: I'm stuck as to what my 6 and a half month old baby can eat- at the moment she's having puréed food mainly fruit!

When does she have mashed/lumpyish food?

What sort of meals can she have now she is getting bigger? I have no idea being a first time mum!

We started weaning at 4 months as advised by the peadiatrician for her reflux....

:hi: I'm stuck as to what my 6 and a half month old baby can eat- at the moment she's having puréed food mainly fruit!

When does she have mashed/lumpyish food?

What sort of meals can she have now she is getting bigger? I have no idea being a first time mum!

We started weaning at 4 months as advised by the peadiatrician for her reflux....

Everything apart from honey, whole nuts and shellfish. She can have the same food as you, just keep an eye on salt levels.

Perhaps do some reading on baby led weaning to explain about lumps/finger foods etc.

Thank you I wasn't sure if she was allowed what I eat but that now answers that question :)

Thank you for the reply :)

She can anything you have except honey, whole nuts and some shellfish. I dont cook with salt in anything so dd literally just has what we have. We do a mix of tw and blw. We spoon feed breakfast which she usually has weetabix, but sometimes porridge, scrambled eggs or pancakes. Then lunch and dinner is usually finger foods, she loves pasta, potatoe/sweet potato wedges, fruit cut into finger size peices, another favourite is cheese. If you stick to tw I would start now just mashing food rather than blending and then chopping up well. Its surprising how much they can handle.

Thank you for the advice! I will just feed her our dinners then :)

As for pasta- should it be the tiny pasta shapes?

Now she's allowed fish does that include tuna?

You're welcome :)

I give normal pasta, fusilli and spaghetti are the easiest to pick up in my experience. And yes, definitely allowed tuna. All mine have loved it! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->