Starting Clomid#1 today. Lets stave off the crazy!

cranberry987

Mum after ttc 16 cycles
Reaction score
Hi

Im on day two today and starting my first round of clomid, anyone want to buddy up so we can obsess in here rather than to our partners who are, lets face it, not that interested in CM hehe

Im 32 from Bristol and have been ttc for 14 months. During that time I was diagnosed with PCOS and have tried Metformin for 3 months but no change.

Not really sure what to expect from this cycle tbh, really going to try not to obsess, but its so hard isnt it. Using CBFM and charting again this month, have used the CBFM off and on last year, and I managed about 4 months of charting when we first started ttc but got totally bored of it as it never showed anything. For now tho Im pulling out all the stops!

Ive just ordered some pre-seed off the net, I dont usually have problems with that kinda thing, but Im starting on 100mg Clomid so thought Id keep some in just in case.

Ive also decided to totally go off the booze, Ive cut down a hell of a lot obviously, but still drank a few nights a week and at social occasions. From here on in I shall be Des - yawn.

Would love to chat with ppl with similar cycles and hope for our February BFPs!

Hi hun,

I just started Clomid yesterday on CD 2, 50mg. I also have PCOS, only got told 2 weeks ago. Am 30 and TTC for over a year so we have lots in common!
x

Ah cool :) Gl with the clomid. It's made me feel shocking tbh, not sure if it's that or a fake hypo (I'm supposedly diabetic with the pcos, it's controlled with diet tho). My blood sugars aren't high or low but I feel like I have low blood sugar. Anyway, I'm thinking of paying for a hycosy next month-don't want to go through all this if my tubes are blocked. Gonna check with my gp see if they'll do it, but I doubt it rly.

How's your gp treating you? Seems to vary so much on areas. Bristol luckily has quite a good clinic but they won't see me on the nhs before I lose another two stone which tbh will be hard -lost 3 last year and the thought of waiting longer to get things sorted is just not gonna happen. So were going private. So far cost about £300 for the clomid appt. Going back after 3 cycles to see how things are. Hopefully I will be preg in that time tho!

I was rly going to try not to obsess this month but I'm worse if anything! Expected to ovulate around now and my cbfm is still on high >< I reset it this month as didn't seem to be right that my pcos data was bring used for clomid cycle.

How is your pcos? Mines pretty just long cycles (40 days) and not regular ovulation. They seem to diagnose it based on any old data tbh.

My PCOS symptoms are just really long cycles too which is why they took so long to diagnose it!

My GP was fine and referred me to NHS consultant but the NHS consultant was not very nice at all! I only saw him yesterday and ended up making a private appointment for yesterday too where I saw a professor and that's who gave me the Clomid.

The NHS cons wanted to CM me but the private one said to try the Clomid first. Not sure whether to have the CM done alongside the Clomid?

It is so expensive to go private. I paid £250 for the 15 minute consult but was worth it. Feel so much better than I did!

x

Is such a difference going private isnt it. Way I see it, I'll go private if I need IVF anyway, so isnt that much in the grand scheme of things to pay for just one appt for meds. Asda is the cheapest place Ive found btw, £8 a month rather than £20 at normal chemist.

Hi

Well, CBFM shows that I ovulated, and Ive never had that before, so Im inclined to believe it. I know that ppl with PCOS can get elevated LH without OV, but its never been the case with me, so Im hopeful :)

Whats a CM btw? Hows your cycle going?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->