Starting elf on the shelf partway through the month

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
I never thought Holly would be interested as I thought it might creep her out a bit but today she's told me that they have been doing Elf on the Shelf at school and she loves it, so we are getting her an Elf. All the Argos's are sold out so we are ordering on Amazon and it will be here on Monday. I told her that he gets up to really naughty tricks and she said "Oh no, what if he sells James!" Bless her! :haha:

I'm really looking forward to the elf arriving and I wish we had started at the beginning of the month but better late than never!

I kind of wish I’d done it too but the idea of having a naughty elf doing things probably won’t be beneficial when we are trying to encourage Rio to behave better. I imagine I’d come into the room to find Rio had covered the tree in loo roll etc after the elf had, and how could I possibly discipline that if the elf gets away with it?
Maybe I’m reading into it too much lol, it does look fun. I love seeing everyone else’s. X

Could always have him do helpful things? Like put out his clothes for school.

Good idea. I think I will do a mix of both :)

It’s such a lovely tradition and my kids remember each year and look forward to him arriving!

Our Elf isn’t always naughty he quite often brings us Christmas things, he bought paper chains this morning, last week some new Christmas glasses and some a elf version of snap

Ours is bringing a make your own card kit tomorrow :)

Our elf doesn't do naughty things either. Apparently he's quite hungry, as he's been caught getting into the snack cabinet, fishing for goldfish, and today he was in the fridge getting a yogurt.

Unauthorized snacks is as naughty as he gets.

Are the adults allowed to touch the elf?

I havent been strict about the 'you cant touch the elf' my DD often gives him cuddles etc. It wasnt on the letter from santa when he arrived so never really enforced it.

I think that's what we will do. I was wondering how to get him back on the shelf otherwise :haha:

We touch the elf, they are thrown all over the place I is make sure they don't get 'lost'

I lost my phone the other day (DD2 hid it in the christmas tree) I was getting quite annoyed I couldn't find it and DD1 was convinced it was the elf who would bring it back in the morning!

Our elf arrived today! Holly has named him Timmy!

My useless bloody DH!! I sent him a message specifically saying to keep Holly upstairs while I sort the elf out for tomorrow. He replied OK and then ten minutes later he brings her downstairs and she sees the tree covered in loo roll with the elf sitting there. I am so annoyed with him!! And Holly cried because I shouted at him for bringing her downstairs. So now I am going to remove all that and think up a new one! :grr:

My useless bloody DH!! I sent him a message specifically saying to keep Holly upstairs while I sort the elf out for tomorrow. He replied OK and then ten minutes later he brings her downstairs and she sees the tree covered in loo roll with the elf sitting there. I am so annoyed with him!! And Holly cried because I shouted at him for bringing her downstairs. So now I am going to remove all that and think up a new one! :grr:

Lol that’s annoying . I told DH to do it the other night and he forgot and went to bed . I sent DD1 upstairs to look for him and I had to quickly grab the elf scattered her xmas cards over the dining room table and place him there with a pen ! She was thrilled I wasn’t lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->