Starting Metformin today!

KelseyK

Reaction score
I'm pretty nervous, I've heard about some crazy side effects!! I really hope it regulates my AF though!!

BUMP

Any advice? At all? Has it worked for anyone?

Please let me no how u get on with this is am hopeing my doctor will give me something x

I will for sure!!!

Have you talked to your Dr about your AF? They should give you Provera or something to at least get them started!

Yea i spoke to him last week he said wait untill my periods here they just keep brushin me off x

That's awful...

My Dr put me on Provera as soon as I skipped a period. She also ran blood tests which is how I found out I have PCOS.

Can you get a second opinion?

Hey ladies!!!
I have PCOS and am on Metformin 1500mg. I have been on them for 5 and a half months now.
The side effect that I got was insane diarrhea. That was it. I had diarrhea for 3 months and was put on welbutrin to help me quit smoking and the diarrhea stopped, but I know it will return when I come off of the welbutrin in a week :( It is so worth it though if this is going to help.
As for it helping regulate my cycle, NOPE. Still long cycles but I THINK i may be ovulating now...not sure though. My FS put me on provera once before putting me on Metformin and hasnt put me on it since due to the fact that he wants to see if metformin will regulate me. I am going on Clomid at the end of the month and metformin is supposed to help the medication work better. FX. Good Luck :dust:

I'm only taking 500mg 1x a day right now.. I think my Dr wants me to get used to it and then go up. So far I'm doing ok! My stomach makes a bunch of noise at night but that's about it lol!

My Dr also told me she would put me on Chlomid when I want :) I think I'm going to wait a few cycles and use some OPKs to see if and when I am ovulating :)

That's awesome that you can get clomid when your ready for it...I was ready for it at my first appointment but had to do so many tests before he would let me have it.
Going up gradually with metformin is the best choice I would say...My FS put me on 1500 first shot and told me if I couldn't handle it to take 1 pill for a week then 2 for a week and then 3...I didn't care what awful symptoms it gave me I was going to stick it out at 1500 no matter what just hoping the meds would work faster!
:dust::dust::dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->