Starting out?

PinkyLou

Reaction score
Hiya, I'm wondering if anyone has any usefull information on starting with re usable nappies?
My girls are 20 months and 4 months, I'd probably keep the older on in disposables because she's showing an interest in potty training so I don't think she will be in them long anyway
But I want to start my youngest on them
We already breastfeed, co-sleep, baby wear etc, all of which I did with the older one aswell but I find Lylah keeps getting nappy rash with most disposable nappies except pampers, and being somewhat against procter and gamble I dont like using them.

Thanks in advance
Vicki x

Hello, welcome over!

Do you have any specific questions that you have in mind? Deffo be good to start your 4 month old and as for your older child, they do training pants etc too :happydance:

On my site here ( https://milliesnappies.web.officelive.com/Nappies.aspx ) there is a pretty easy to understand explanation of modern cloth nappies and the ones available to you if it's any help?

have a good look at that link then have a good nosey through som enappies to get an idea of what you like the looks of etc then i'm sure you will have some questions!LOL... if you want to try BTP (birth to potty) nappies which fit from Birth to potty ! you could still use them on your older girl without spending lots of money on Larges that your little one wont fit into for a while ....:D

There's pretty much a cloth diaper out there to suit your needs. You can do the Birth-to-Potty, or do sized ones, covers or All in ones. :)

I started out on BumGenius, which was great for us. There are many different kinds out there so definitely take a look around and see what you think you'd like.

Some other people have used Mother Ease, Happy Heinys or Fuzzi Bunz. Not sure of your location so there may be other kinds available too. :) Be forewarned: Buying cloth gets SUPER addictive!!!

Thanks girls, I've just been having a look I think I'd want the birth-potty ones and the ones pre shaped as I dont want to have to be folding them at every change.
Do they leak much? especially with runny booby milk poo?

I wasn't BF when I had Claire in the cloth diapers, so I can't say from personal experience. Most of the cloth diapers though don't require you to rinse breastmilk poops. They're 100% water soluble. You can use the disposable/flushable liners to help with poops too, thats what we did.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->