Starting school tomorrow

mummy3

Busy!
Reaction score
Ruaridh, my son, is 3 years and 8 months, he starts preschool tomorrow in the school districts special ed PANDA programme. Its an early intervention programme where kids with special needs can start school early to help them prepare for kindergarten:thumbup: My son has Aspergers, recently diagnosed although obviously we've known he was different for a while.

He had to be evaluated by so many different professionals to get into the programme, a psychologist, OT, physio, speech language therapist as well as a report from his developmental pediatrician. Its going to provide him with speech language therapy, OT and most importantly they will help him with his socialization:happydance: He goes 4 mornings a week and man I'm so excited/nervous for him! He has to take the school bus ( his driver will collect him from our house).

Wow such a huge step starting school! Exciting and scary at the same time. It sounds like a really good programme - I'm sure it will make a huge difference. So nerve wracking though - his first day! Lots of hugs as I'm sure you will miss him loads! :hugs:

My son just started a toddler preschool that puts lots of focus on communication, socialization and verbal skills. He will be doing 2 years as a prep for kindergarten as well. He went a day last week, but this is his first "real" week (he only goes 2 mornings/week though).

Hope he has a good day, and its easy on you!!! Sounds like a great support programe for him, glad you have such good services. x

Thanks ladies:flower:

He was very brave this morning and so far so good, miss him like mad though. His sisters school run went a lot faster too now hes away at preschool, Ruaridh has a thing for smelling every single flower on the way to her busstop so it could take forever.

Will put a pic up of him in his giant backpack

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->