Starting Secondary.

Midnight_Fairy

New baby J
Reaction score
Agh, I feel so sad and worried. My son starts next year. He will be 11 in the August, then starting secondary. I cant be alone with worries. How did you feel?

Think it's only natural to worry. I assume you've got to apply for a place soon?

I have applied and already met with the team. Just so nerve wrecking,though I am sure he is fine lol,its me!

My 14 year old son just started high school. I worried a ton for him going to a large regional high school. He's been in a relatively small K-8 school for 9 years. It's rare for a town to still have K-8 schools and the other town we share with is a large town with 3 different levels of grade schools.

The good part is he was just fine and loves the increased opportunities of his new school. As they get older, they tend to enjoy the new school as every time they move on they get treated in a more mature manner. I was worried but my son is thrilled to be treated as more of an adult. The elementary school often had the same rules for 5 year olds in kindergarten as the 13-14 year old eight graders.

My ds has just started this month...he has settled and adapted really well!
I was more worried for him than he was x

I'm worried too. The whole transition process is scary!

Alysha is really stressing about making the right choice of school. It keeps her awake at night because she thinks about it far too much!!

I know what school I want her to go to, but ultimately its her choice. All we can do it be there for them when they need us! It is a big step for us as parents as well though, its like we have to let go of them just that little bit more.

ARGH why did they grow up so quick!!

Time has gone so fast and whats scarier is seeing how grown up they will be when they leave :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->