Starting the journey (Newbie!!)

maybe~baby

Reaction score
Hi all

I am new to this site and me and OH are planning to start trying to conceive in about a year/18 months :happydance:

However, there are a few things that I have issues with (hence waiting) firstly I wondered if anyone knows whether past drug abuse has any effect on male fertility?? My partner was a heroin addict for about 5 years, he is completely clean now and has been for the past 7 years, I'm just concerned that he may have caused some long term damage. I have searched the internet for info but can't find much - so any info anyone has would be great.

The main reason that we are waiting is because I have a lot of weight to lose, I recently had a gastric band fitted and have lost 3 stone but still have a long long way to go until I am at a healthy weight. I suffer with PCOS which doesn't help the weight loss and this is something else that is causing me concern when trying to conceive. I don't have regular periods, they are very erratic and can be anything up to 18 months apart, I'm hoping that this problem is caused mainly by the excess weight and will improve when I have lost more. Is there anyone else here with PCOS that has managed to conceive and/or has any advice on the condition??

Well, that's me and that's where I am - I look forward to speaking to you all!

M x x x

:hi:

Welcome to BNB good luck with your journy! xx

Hi and welcome - I'm sorry I can't answer your questions as I don't know the answers but didn't want to read and run.

Hiya, welcome to bnb, i will look forward to reading about your journey :) Good luck with it all x

Hi and Welcome, I'm afraid I don't have any experience in those areas but well done on losing the 3 stone and good luck for the future :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->