Starting the Raspberry Leaf Tea

JFG

First time mom
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anyone else drank RLT and how they found it? I am only planning on having one cup a day. Wondered if that was ok? Also did it really help? I will run it by my midwife first when i see her next week of course, i'd really like to start this week but prob best to wait until i've spoke to the midwife, although i did have a cup today to try it and its actually quite nice :happydance:

Apparently it is supposed to tone your uterus to basically make it stronger for labour to make the contractions more effective and it is supposed to cut down the time on the second stage of labour (pushing) and i've also read that it helps to prevent hemorraging - not sure how true all this is but thought it was worth a go!

I started mine yesterday :) am also just having one cup a day until 34wks then I'll be upping it to 2, then at 36 I'll have 3 and so on :) my sister swears by it and I've heard a lot of women say good things about. I figured it was worth a try! Sadly I don't exactly find the taste appealing so I'm going to try mixing a little Ribena in with it to take the bitter edge off haha :)

I was going to wait till I was 37 weeks to start with the RLT, is it better to start now then as I'm due around same time as you :)

I heard you can start it from 32 weeks at just one cup a day and then up the amount at 36/37 weeks. My cousin has two children and also swears by it!

Did your cousin have hers early, on time, late?

I might have to crack open to box of RLT in the cupboard then :)

Well with her first she actually didn't take it as she had pre-eclampsia and her daughter was born prematurely via c-section due to that, but she took it with her second and he came on time and it was a natural quick labour/delivery.

Might start having one cup a day then :) was going to have capsules but if I really can't stand the taste then think I might change to the capsules

Maybe just check with the capsules because i did read somewhere that you could drink the tea from 32 weeks but the capsules should be taken from 36 weeks - not sure if its because the capsules are stronger. I will ask my midwife at next appointment and report back, although I don't expect much of an answer from her tbh lol!

Funny enough, I've just been reading about this:

https://i.imgur.com/uOah2PX.jpg

That's ironic after we have been talking about it, but I am deffo starting on the tea now :)

Thanks for that and i like the idea of the ice cubes as an alternative :)

I started at 32 weeks 1 tea bag = 1500mg. I used two tea bags at 34 weeks and three tea bags at 36. Now I'm doing 4 tea bags, which is most likely enough. I typically feel painless braxton hicks while I'm drinking it.

I have no idea if this would have happened anyway, but I have been dilating rather nicely:
35wks: 1cm
36wks: 1.5cm
37wks: 2cm

I've been feeling some short stinging sensations in my cervix, so I'm probably dilating even more. My next appointment is tomorrow.

I drank it in my first pregnancy and I definitely think it helped.

I had a 5.5 hour active labour which was super for a first baby.

You can never say if these things helped or worked as you won't know what would have happened but safe to say I have taken the tablets this time and am drinking the tea again too. xx

I started drinking it yesterday starting with just the 1 cup. I HATE the taste of it lol been aring a touch of honey to take the edge of and then I blocked my nose every time I took a mouthful or I would gag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->