Starting to take up yoga

susiewusie

mummy of 2 little monster
Reaction score
Hope this is the right place
I bought a yoga kit today and a yoga dvd, going to try it see if i can do it.

Does anyone else on here do yoga? or anyone tried it?
and if so what's there views on it

I'm taking prenatal yoga classes at the moment. Have done some yoga before the pregnancy, too.

My advice would be to make sure that you start from a level that's comfortable for you. No point in trying to twist yourself into positions that just don't feel good. So when you do the moves, keep listening to your body and adjust as necessary.

Try to create yourself a calm environment to practise and take some time to relax before you start and after you finish.

Breathing is extremely important in yoga. Listen to the instrcutions on when to exhale and inhale. Ideally the movements should feel like they are flowing with your breath.

I hope you enjoy it. I don't do it nearly enough but it definitely feels good to do it, especially now when my body needs the extra attention!

Also, maybe you could check out if there are any post-natal yoga classes where you live? Could be fun to go there with Kieran.

Hi! I practice Hatha Yoga which is breathing into poses and I thankfully have a great teacher. I would recommend if at all possible that you go to a couple of classes if you can as this gives you more of an idea before you start the dvd at home. Classes I feel are always better as you have the instructor correcting you if you are not doing it correctly and also gives you the confidence and you also don't have any distractions.

Enjoy as it is great for your mind and body!!

I have never tried it, but Im thinking about it. Need something to help take stress away and I think this can help with that. Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->