• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Starting weaning/BLW

wish4baby

Reaction score
My LO isn't 6 months until the 27th (about 2.5 weeks).
We are getting her highchair this week, it's a gift from my mom. She hasn't had anything except breastmilk yet, but she is sitting completely on her own, for as long as she wants, twisting and grabbing toys, etc. She is even crawling - Mostly army crawling on her belly, but she does get up on all fours & start rocking & inching backwards (which she finds extremely frustrating lol)
She is trying to grab food from me - I've had to take food back from her & keep her from eating it, I wasn't expecting her to actually yank it off my fork....It's really kinda sad when we eat, she watches me and everytime I go to take a bite, she opens her mouth like she expects me to give it to her instead!

Anyways, do you think it would be horrendous if I put her in the highchair and let her have some sliced avocado or a baked sweet potato wedge at dinner?

We started blw at 5.5 months. She was showing all the signs of being ready. The good thing with blw is if they aren't ready they just wont be able to eat it. I always take the 6m guide as somewhere around the middle of the first year and a couple of weeks either side is fine.

We started blw at 5.5 months. She was showing all the signs of being ready. The good thing with blw is if they aren't ready they just wont be able to eat it. I always take the 6m guide as somewhere around the middle of the first year and a couple of weeks either side is fine.

We did this. I don't think he actually ate more than a smidgen until 7-9 months though..

I think we started a week early and your LO's physical development is way beyond what my LO could do at that age!!

There can't be rules that are so specific as to be "5months 29 days no food but 6months food is fine" - I mean what if month 6 was a February? it'd be 2-3 days shorter anyway!!

My babe is 6 months about a week after yours and I've given her a few things to hold while we have our dinner. She's gummed on a slice of apple and chomped a bit of banana but it's mainly just exploring with very little actual swallowing of food. I don't think it would do any harm, as someone else mentioned, if they aren't ready they won't eat, that's the beauty about blw I guess. By the way your baby sounds very clever doing a lot more than my little one :)

Thanks! Y'all are saying what I was thinking, but when I googled blw it basically said your baby must be 6 months or older, period. I think she'll be very happy when she gets her chair & something to naw on :)

She is so anxious to be mobile - she is after her big sister & brothers like crazy...I have a feeling she's going to be a real handful! None of my other kids did things this early, they were more on target with the average ages, so it's very surprising. And especially because she is worn or carried so much I thought she'd be a late bloomer lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->