Starting ... wish me luck! Q added pg 2 - help!

CeriB

Reaction score
Hi ladies :flower:

So, I'm gonna start Erin BLW tomorrow after 2 weeks of her taking food out of my hand/off my plate etc (was not good food so she didn't eat any of it ... ohhh..... I <3 chocolate!!) so thinking I'm gonna try her out with some bits! I bought some rice cakes today (the little organix ones, apple flavoured - yum!) and avocado to use as a spread. Also have some fruit and veg to give her. Does this sound ok for starters? I'm only goona do 1 meal a day around lunch time - see how it goes.

God - I'm really nevous!!!! EEEEEkkkk!

o good luck im starting soon too and so nervous- yes let us know how u get on!!!! exciting!!!

Good luck! We started TW a couple of weeks ago, but it's a right faff so I want to mix it with BLW. Our LOs are similar ages x x

Im going to start on Monday, I put segments of satsuma on his tray the other day and all he did was squish it, so i think its going to take a while haha

Thanks ladies :flower:

Well, today she had broccolli, carrot, yellow pepper, asparagus (I know, posh :haha: ) and some rice cakes. She nearly chocked on the rice cake although seemed to like it and couldn't get enough broccolli :wacko: She got on ok with the carrot and pepper but not overly fussed. I'm not sure how much she actually ate, most of it ended up on her, well, everywhere!, but thats the point isn't it!! She only lasted about 10mins as she is not keen on her hightchair, but I think we had progress!! We had some very strange, and funny :haha: faces!! Love her!!!

Note to self - strip her down and don't bother with a bib!!!!

Attachments

• IMG00507-20110604-1147.jpg
    IMG00507-20110604-1147.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG00510-20110604-1157.jpg
    IMG00510-20110604-1157.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 10
GREAT PICTURES!!! i gave Ava a little babyrice mixed with pear today and she wasnt amused! my Lo is same age as yours- theres no way my LO would lift food and put it in her mouth yet! i dont think Ava is ready yet!!!

looks like your flying!! what a colourful lunch

Glad to know its going well; we only have two weeks to go now, quite exciting but daunting at the same time :D xx

Well done you :flower:

She looks so cute trying her food :cloud9: Bless

Thanks ladies :flower:

I have a question for experienced BLWers! Erin is really good at the hand/mouth coordination, but won't opick things up from the table (well, her highchair tray!). If I hold it she will take it from my hand and straight to her mouth. I don't want to push her if she is not ready, so should I be offering it to her this way or just wait until she picks it up for herself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->