Stay at home mums!

I guess I am from a different group of people really to many who have posted on this thread. But....

I used to work but in 2007 my long term health made it hard for me to manage work so I had to give it up after 6 months of trying to convince myself I could still cope, lowering my hours etc.

My OH was working up until 6 months ago. Basically just as I had Alfie. He worked only 15 hours a week but because of caring for me and my health problems which got worse in pregnancy he became unreliable at work and to cut a long story short they got rid of him.

SO .... now you know our history here is our current situation and income.

I am on DLA and Incapacity currently I get roughly £400 a month in total. OH is on out of work benefits at the moment he gets around £300 a month, We get housing help (not all paid) and CTC/CB so in total I would say our monthly income is around £900 a month

Our total outgoings with all the bills including Rent/car in petrol/debts/baby things/general household such as food, gas/electric etc is around £870 which leaves roughly £30 at the end of the month which we usually put into savings incase of an emergency.

OH is currently taking driving lessons and looking for a new job. I am worried about my health not having the help I need BUT at the same time we need the money and Also we HATE living completly on benefits. Obviously at present I myself dont really have much choice but OH does and we WOULD be better off long term IF he worked full time. If he worked part time we would actually just break even.

I am hoping my health will be better in the future so I can possibly work part time in a school as a dinner lady or something just a couple of hours a week. Whatever the max my health can take just purley to say I EARNED THIS! Not just had it transfered into my account. Which I HATE at the moment.

At the same time I also believe I had my son so I should care for him the majority of the time so if I was able to work full time without my health difficulties personally I couldn't. But that is my preference and I do not think that is what all families should do its just a choice of mine.

Every family will have their reasons to work or not work, do part/full time etc. As long as your not scroungers and it works for your family GO FOR IT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->