Stepping Hill Hospital

Sovereign

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone is or has given birth at Stepping Hill Hospital in Stockport? If you've already given birth there what did you think? Ta x

Did you know Stockport has the best maternity in the country?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not according to most of my friends and family who have given birth in that hospital. I've only ever heared one person I know that had a good experience there.

I had my first there and my OH's son was born there.

I found them fantastic, really lovely.....but alot of my friends at the time had told me bad things about them.

They thought my baby may have Downs Syndrome but i didnt want tests so it was done to the Midwifes who delivered me to check and thankfully reassure me that my baby was fine.

The labour lasted a fair few hours and the Midwife was due to go home but she stayed on for me so i didnt have to have a diffrent one.

Then on the ward afterwards they were really nice and left me alone (which is what id asked them to do)

Ive no complaints of them at all, it was all a lovely experience :cloud9:

Just to add my OH's son was born there very Prem and without part of his throat.....he was eventually taken to Manchester hospital but the Midwife and Doctor team at Stepping him were apparently fantastic and saved his life in the early stages...hes now a happy healthy 11 year old xxxx

Not according to most of my friends and family who have given birth in that hospital. I've only ever heared one person I know that had a good experience there.

Hevz!!!!! don't tell me that................although I did ask I suppose lol

Hevz!!!!! don't tell me that................although I did ask I suppose lol

Stop fretting....that's only what i've been told. They do have a high rate of c-section though so just be aware of them offering you one if you don't feel it's necessary:hugs:

I also heared really bad things about staff and treatment in St Marys from friends but after 3 very tricky pregnancies and 3 births there....my experience is very different and I can't praise them enough.

People see maternity units as bad or good for different things and it's all pretty personal. My Aunty said St Mary's was bloody awful and a disgrace coz her daughter had her baby there and afterwards
(her words now)

"she was expected to take care of it herself and they wouldn't even take baby to the nursery and give it a bottle for her. Don't they realise she was up all night???"

Well....I thought this was hilarious. Erm, who's baby is it? Doesn't she think most women who give birth have been up through the night and are a bit tired (to say the least) after birth. Midwives are there to help and assist not bloody babysit:hissy:

She also moaned that the midwives kicked her out as visiting hours were over. She said it was disgraceful that her daughter's mother had to go and couldn't stay there all day.

From the other side....when I was in hospital I hated other patients friends/family staying past visiting hours as I was knackered and just wanted to rest and go to sleep without hearing them nattering away and kids pulling on the curtains every 5 mins:hissy:

That's my personal opinion.

Sovereign...I'm sure you'll be fine babe:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hevz - sorry to be nosy but if you live in Swinton how come you gave birth at St Marys and not Hope Hospital? Sorry, i'm an enquisitive cow lol!!!

Hevz - sorry to be nosy but if you live in Swinton how come you gave birth at St Marys and not Hope Hospital? Sorry, i'm an enquisitive cow lol!!!

:rofl:nosey bugger

I've had quite a few problems in the past with premature births etc and lost my 1st two babies shortly after they were born. St Mary's offered me the best care so i went there for my last three. However, I labour very quickly and am worried next time I may not make it over the Mancunian Way in time:rofl:so I'm under Hope....now called Salford Royal for this baby. Wish me luck as I've got a problem this time too:hissy:. There's a big cyst on my placenta, right next to cord so they're concerned it may compromise baby's blood flow or cause the cord to abrupt and break off in labour so will possibly need a c-section... I hope I've made the right choice to go to my local hospital:dohh:

Oh right! Aww, good luck at Hope, I hope everything is okay with your baby hun. x

I am under Hope too :)
I read on stats website that Hope has got one of the best records for health services and maternity too.
I have had both my boys there and they have been brill with me as I am high risk and can't fault them at all.

Also when I had my MC and eptopic there the staff were so so good and helped me a lot.

Go Hope !LOL

It's not true that Stepping Hill have a high rate of sections, they are about in line with the national average, something like 27%. There will always be good and bad personal reports from hospitals because women want and need different things and you never know how your labour will go. Sovereign, there is a good birthing centre at Stepping Hill too that you might be interested in, nicer than the normal wards and has a good sized room with a pool too.

Hope your labour goes ok Hevz. :hugs:

It's not true that Stepping Hill have a high rate of sections, they are about in line with the national average, something like 27%. There will always be good and bad personal reports from hospitals because women want and need different things and you never know how your labour will go. Sovereign, there is a good birthing centre at Stepping Hill too that you might be interested in, nicer than the normal wards and has a good sized room with a pool too.

Hope your labour goes ok Hevz. :hugs:

Yeah im hoping to go to the birth centre. :)

Aww thanks for the kind words:hugs:

I must say Stepping Hill's interior is very nice....much nicer than St Mary's or Hope. My sister was being induced there last year a few days before Christmas and her room on delivery had a tiny kitchenette in there and everything:happydance:. Poor thing ended up giving birth on Christmas Day at 3am:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->