Steralising dummy's??

charliebear

Mum to AJ & Pumpkin
Reaction score
Posted this in 3rd tri - hospital bag, also! Thought i'd ask here too.

Ok, both mine and babba's hospital bags are packed. But on the list 'to be added later' is dummy's.

So the question is; if I steralise the dummy's and put them in the steralised travel box how long do they stay sterile for??

Thanks in advance.

You could sterilise them and the box and put them back in it, as long as you don't touch them or get them out in advance they should be fine. They have sterilisers at the hospital and will do that for you though. x

Hot water in the hospital - I wouldn't put dummies in steriliser btw one of mine went funny!

Also you can buy milton wipes for dummys etc :D

That is a great idea - never even crossed my mind - Jack is forever spitting his dummy onto the floor - I have a pack in my changing bag!:happydance:

Those Milton wipes are great!!
When i used to put the dummies in the steriliser with his bottles it went a funny colour.

Caitlyn had dummies for 2 weeks and they were fine in the sterriliser?

I noticed they can discolour the teat - depends what ones you have I think :D

got this off the miltons site hope it helps :)

miltons
Items are ready to use after 15 minutes or can be left for 24 hours until you need to use them again.
what you can sterilise
Bottles and teats
Breast pumps
Soothers and teethers
Storage containers for breast milk
Keep these items in a tank of Milton, ready for when you need them. Just remove them from the tank (no need to rinse).

Wipe the changing mat
Soak muslins
Clean the nappy bin
Soak baby's toys
You should also take particular care to sterilise feeding bowls and spoons when you start weaning

Our dummies have been fine in the steriliser too, but it is handy to know I can just give it a wipe instead of getting a new one everytime:happydance:

Hot water in the hospital - I wouldn't put dummies in steriliser btw one of mine went funny!

Milton wipes are a good idea.

Was reading the info which came with the dummy's both Tommie Tippee and mam ones and both say you can use in steraliser or boil in a pan!!

Thanks everyone

i just put mine in boiling hot water and leave it to soak for a few mins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->