Sterilising dummies for hospital bag?

SarahSausage

Mummy of 3
Reaction score
I have dummies to bring to hospital for my baby but am wondering what the best way to sterilise them and keep them sterilised is? Anyone got any good tips?

Oops sorry. I posted in the wrong forum. I meant to post in third tri. Can I move it?

Not sure if you can move it but I would say the best way to sterilize is to boil and then place it in a plastic container of some sort. Some dummies actually come with containers so you could use those. If you don't want to boil using Milton is also another option. You can buy a bottle in Boots and then just read the instructions on the back. They have wee tablets as well but you usually need much more water for those and are only useful when sterilizing
something like bottles as well. HTH! :flower:

I've got some Tommee Tippee dummies, and they came in a case, with instructions on how to sterilise - they can just be sterilised with bottles! Not sure about other brands though :flower:

Thanks everyone -it was more the logistics of keeping them sterilised while in my hospital bag waiting for LO to arrive but I guess I can just sterilise them while at home in early labour if I have time.

Thanks everyone -it was more the logistics of keeping them sterilised while in my hospital bag waiting for LO to arrive but I guess I can just sterilise them while at home in early labour if I have time.

You might have missed my post then. The easiest way is to put them in a sealed plastic container (also sterlized) until you need it.

I saw in the tesco magazine that tommee tippee have bought out some sterilising wipes and sprays and things as part of their closer to nature range - you could try having a look at that option. That way you could sterilise them and keep them in something then just before you use it you could use one of the sterilising wipes?

If you're planning to BF I would skip the dummies. It can interfere with BFing in the first weeks. The best soother is you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->