Sterilising in hospital?

Mummyjohnson

Reaction score
Following on from the breast feeding thread, is it possible to have your things sterilised in hospital, such as a breast pump? The only way I successfully got any of my own milk to baby last time was via pump, mainly down to the fact my nips are flat. Do they allow hosptial staff to do this, or would they start being awkward trying to force me to breastfeed?
-N.b. I will attempt bf'ing at home on my own, away from pressure of health care professionals, but I want to know if I can do this whilst in hospital.

I was struggling to BF my little boy when he was born. They hospital were great at allowing me to bring in a pump and a few bottles/storage containers. They had a steriliser in there (from memory) but I seem to remember that they would not take responsibility for the sterilising, but showed me the room where my things were labelled and stored and I could do it myself (or my husband when he was in). They also had a fridge there that i could store the breast milk in, all labelled with my name on it etc.

Something to ask your MW - she should be able to tell you what facilities are there. FYI - i did feel pressured to BF, but my little one just would not take to it (had 3 MW at one point, man-handling me trying to express milk....not a situation I want to be in again!) Go with your gut instinct - you'll know when the time comes what is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->