sterilizing the milk powder

bababas

Reaction score
hi
i read on another thread, but i cannot find it anymore, something about the temperature of the water in order to sterilize the milk.

im not sure what that means, in other words, shouldnt the water be like boiling hot then in order to sterilize the milk powder? if the water is 40°C for example that wont kill any bacteria.

I think it's 70oc for adding the powder for it to be sterile xx

Apparently if it's too hot it kills some of the nutritional value which is why 70 degrees is what the water should be ie: kettle left to cool for about 25 mins after boiling. Hard to make sense of all the rules sometimes tho!

tbh i don't.

i make the bottles up with boiled water, leave them to cool - by the next feed they're cool, i zap them in the microwave and add the powder.

LO is fine and healthy........but its not the rules and i'm probably doing it wrong so please make you're own decision.

Not sure TBH-but pasteurisation temp is probably right.

thank you ladies, on most formulas it says 40-50°C though, why is that? how did you know about the 70? just wondering coz i did not find out about it anywhere.

All formulas here say use cooled boiled water, or lukewarm water. Everyone i know has been doing it this way for years and years with no issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->