Stethoscope?

AmandaBanana

Reaction score
Does anyone have one to listen to their little babe?
I'm going to go get one today after work and I want to know your experience using them!!

I have one...I used it with my first LO and farther along I could hear him moving like crazy... with this LO I can hear small very small movements.

I bought one for about 20 dollars. I can't hear a thing. But they say it can take longer. I'm only 18 weeks

I hear they're great for late pregnancy, but I'm not sure mid pregnancy would be a very reliable time to use them. Still, they're cheap, and you may hear baby moving around a little, even if you can't hear the heartbeat yet.

I was told you can hear movements more than heartbeat, so that's what I was going for.
Oh well! I'll keep trying later down the line then :)

Typically, baby's heartbeat should be ale to be heard beginning right at 20 weeks. Though admittedly, it does take some skill and patience to maneuver that so early on. Back in the olden days, pre-ultrasound popularity midwives would use when they could auscultate the fetal heart tones as a way of confirming dates.

As the pregnancy progresses, the key to finding clear fetal heart rate sounds is to first identify baby's position and then listen on the upper part of baby's back. Midwives also used to, and some still do, use listening with a fetoscope as a way to confirm baby's position to see whether they are breech or not. Doing so tends to yield very accurate results.

Quality varies. Shorter ones tend to have clearer sound than longer ones.

I will be getting a fetoscope but I'm quite a ways yet off being able to use one ;). You may have success at your gestation or you may have to wait a couple weeks yet but it won't be long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->