Stew help!

babytots

Reaction score
Hi ladies I was hoping you would be able to help me. Normally when I do a stew I fry the beef in the casserole dish then add gravy and veg etc but the meat always comes out really chewy and my girls have difficulty eating it. Yet when my mum does it her beef always comes out really soft so does dfs stepdads.

Any tips on how I can make my beef go soft. I'm guesing I would have to cook it for longer in the gravy but would it be better to do this in the oven rather then on the hob.

Thanks. x

Well put it in the cooker after browning it off in the frying pan and it turned out perfect. x

I'll try that next time :) i use my slow cooker and its amazing!!

all the meat i cook in it falls apart mmmm... now i fancy stew:sad1:

You can achieve th same effect on the hob hun, you just need to cook it longer :) xxx

cook it in water in the slow cooker, then use that water to make your gravey :) that's how my dad always does it, and his is the best stew i'v ever tasted :)

I brown my meat, then cook in stock with onions and garlic for over an hour....sometimes longer....just keep topping up with stock if the juice runs out.....once the meat starts to soften then I add the veggies, pottoes dumplings etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->