Sticking to routine while travelling with baby... any advice please?

Bellatrix

First time Mama
Reaction score
I know a routine is not for everyone, but for those who do follow one, even vaguely, how do you plan long car journeys etc with your baby?

We're travelling from London to Swansea (about a 3.5hr journey) tonight and I was hoping to time the journey for when baby sleeps (7pm-11pm) as she usually sleeps very well in the car and we wouldn't have to stop for feeds etc.

When we reach the in-laws, I was hoping to feed her and put her down in her travelcot quickly and hopefully she would settle easily as she does at home.
Should I have timed the journey for the daytime instead, but risk her sleeping too much?! I don't want to upset her night time routine, it's going so well. But I couldn't think of a better plan. Panic...!!

Your plan sounds like it should work, so long as LO is good at settling in different surroundings. We regularly do a 7/8 hour journey up to Scotland to visit my parents and stop to feed and nappy change at service stations according to her normal routine. She does sleep most of the journey, more than a normal day, but if we set off before 10am then she gets a few hours of awake time in the evening before bed. She does like to sleep though so it's never been much of a problem except for her being a bit unsettled at the change of scenery for the first wee while.

Thanks so much :)
A regular 7/8 hour journey...you're very brave! I don't think my nerves would be able to cope with that! My lo is a bit erratic really when it comes to initially settling anywhere other than her cot, but the car usually will send her to sleep, and once she's slept for a few hours she's generally relaxed enough to go back to sleep anywhere. Fingers crossed our journey tonight goes well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->