Still has to be held to sleep, wont eat anything but boob....

Blackrain90

DS-2 & Bean on the way!
Reaction score
Getting close to 7 months old.

From day one- he won't sleep without either being held (usually nursing but can get away with walking with a pacifier) or in a moving vehicle. Won't sleep in a swing or bed, he will scream for hours and if he does pass out in the swing, he wakes up screaming every 2 minutes. If I put him down after he falls asleep he wakes up and screams right away. Have been trying to make him tough it out the past few days (to an extent) and it has just resulted in him being so over tired that he has a terrible night sleep, is up suuuper early and now has crappy naps even being held.

Completely refuses any bottles or sippy cups, won't even open his mouth for purees and he plays with solid foods (blw style) but won't put them in his mouth. So boob or nothing.

I cant leave the baby more than an hour or two if freshly fed and up from a nap, and I have to go to bed at 7-730 every night. I just cant do this anymore but I don't know what to do. My relationship with my 3 year old is suffering because of it as well.

Sorry you are going through this! Has anyone else tried with a bottle? If I offered my son a bottle he would refuse it because he knew he could turn his head and have a boob feed. If my husband tried he would take the bottle because he wouldn't get anything else. With regards to the food, my daughter was almost 8 months before she would touch food. Wasn't interested at all. We got by with the saying "food before one is just for fun"

The sleep, what routine do you have? My daughter needed me to be there until she was asleep until recently (she's 3). When she was little letting her tummy sleep on an incline and a soft mattress was the only way she would sleep. Health visitor nightmare but was the ONLY way she would sleep. We spent ages sitting with her but at least we got past the rocking to sleep which is back breaking. Maybe something like that, a pillow, swaddling or something would help your LO? Hope you can get something sorted soon xxx

Have you got a carrier or wrap? That would allow baby to sleep while you play with your 3 year old. It's the only way my little one will sleep and means I can still play wit my 3 year old while my littlest has his naps. Particularly if you wear them on your back, then your eldest can still have cuddles etc. I don't know where I'd be without babywearing.

As for the food, I'd just keep offering. I took my first awhile before he actually ate anything. Although he put everything in his mouth. Does your littlest put toys in his mouth? Maybe pop him in the highchair with a toy and try sneaking bites in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->