STILL haven't put on weight!

paula727

Reaction score
Hi Ladie, I just posted a pic of my bump progression in the bump thread but I weighed myself this morning and realised that I haven't put on any weight. In fact I have lost 2lbs? I started at 210lbs and i'm now 208lbs? I am 32 weeks so should definetly be putting weight on by now. Has anyone had any similar experiences? Maybe because I started out big? Kind of concerned now especially because I have gestational diabetes. In my bump pics you can see I am getting big but no weight gain? this is very confusing.

Attachments

• befunky_artwork.jpg.jpg
    befunky_artwork.jpg.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 80
I only ever lost weight during pregnancy :). I think it's quite normal for overweight women.

Maybe coming out of pregnancy on the other side lighter isn't such a bad thing after all lol :) can't wait to meet bubs. Just feels so long since I have had an appointment. Baby was weighing well at 28 weeks he weighed 3lb 6oz so maybe I shouldn't be concerned at all x

I only gained 12lbs from start to finish. I gave birth to my son at 35+2 and he weighed 5lbs 8oz and was perfectly healthy. I wasn't overweight to begin with. I'm 5'8 and weighed 123lbs. X

I have lost a whopping total of about 25 pounds since ohhh around week 16 or 18. I have even tried eating MORE food but it doesn't work. I have GD and I'm on a GD diet - which I think is the main reason I'm losing weight instead of gaining it... I have PCOS and we react to a low carb diet. If I haven't gone #2 in awhile it seems like I've gained weight but then afterwards.... oh back down again. :)

I am a lot more overweight than you are though. Its funny cause I was always afraid of getting pregnant and then getting so much bigger but I had to get pregnant to lose weight! :) Who knew!?! :) Be happy, a lot of women would kill to actually lose weight instead of gaining 40 pounds. My doctor is thrilled and my high risk doctor is quite shocked that my sugars have been getting better instead of worse.

I am in a similar boat. Starting weight 100kg...current weight 96kg. Currently 38 weeks and still 4 Kg less then when I conceived!!

I'm still losing- I'm 37+1 and down 15 pounds. I did this with my first too and she was 6pounds 2ounces and healthy.

I've put on a little over 2 stone since getting pregnant... You do not have a problem, you are in fact VERY lucky! Jammy... Lol xx

I was weighed this morning im 38 weeks and in the last 10 weeks all ive put on is 4lb not everyone puts lots of weight on don't worry as long as baby is good it's fine

I have been fluctuating with my weight through my whole pregnancy. My baby is healthy even though I lost 3 lbs in 2 weeks. It all just depends on your body.

I fluctuated a lot during my first trimester. I'd gain a few pounds, then lose them the next week. Second trimester, I gained fairly evenly, but not quickly. But this last trimester I've been losing weight. Part of it was from a stomach virus I had for a week, but since then it has continued to come off slowly. I'm now back down below my pre-pregnancy weight and seem to be losing still. I'm fairly happy with it since I started out over weight. It's quite a switch up from my first pregnancy, when I gained about 45lbs total.(And never lost!) LO is growing healthily and steadily. Even though she is smaller than my DS was, she's still in normal ranges. And my OB really hasn't been too concerned with the weight loss.

I'm not in the third yet, but at the half way mark I just crossed I have lost 8.5 pounds. I'm a bit girl I started at 229, I'm 220.5 now. I've been sick, trying to eat but I guess it's not doing what I think it is. Can't say I won't be happy if I only gain back what I've lost!

If you've been on a GD diet then it makes a lot of sense that you'd lose weight. My mom had GD in one of her pregnancies and lost weight due to the diet. My brother was born at 7lbs 6. If your dr isn't concerned and the baby's growing fine then don't worry about it.

I have only gained 9-10lbs and I'm at 27 weeks. I actually lost 5 pounds this past week. I've always been in shape and never been at the weight I am now, but I was worried when I saw I actually lost weight, even tho baby is active and I've had no complications.

When i was pregnant with my son i lost 11lbs due to hyperemesis.
By the time he was born i had put 10lbs of the 11lbs i had lost, so still weighted 1lb less than pre pregnancy weight.

HOWEVER you would never have guessed i was huge and he weighed 8lbs 12oz at 38+6

Arrrgh, I am so envious! I was 8 stone 4 before pregnancy. Weighed myself yesterday at the pharmacy (we don't have scales at home) and I was 11 stone 1! I feel MASSIVE!!!!

I don't think it necessarily matters about putting weight on if you start out at a relatively high weight anyway. I was 10 stone before I got pregnant with my first and as soon as I gave birth I went down to 9stone. Absolutely no idea why but I think it's because I carried on eating normally so the baby was using a lot of my calories so resulted in me losing weight. I wouldn't worry :) x

I have GD (have in all my pregnancies)

I am quite small - pre pregnancy I weighed 8 stone - so 112lbs. I was a little more pre pregnancy with DD2, probably 120lbs and I only gained 10lbs in total with her!

I was being super healthy with my GD but still had a very healthy 7lb 7oz baby :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->