• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Still leaky boobs etc at 3 months

minties

Complete
Reaction score
I get random letdowns all day and night and it's so annoying! Emma is 14 weeks old now. I don't think I had leaky boobs or random letdowns past 5-6 weeks with my other kids.

I know there is nothing I or anyone else can do about it, but has anyone else kept on leaking past the newborn stage?

I'm sick of breast pads (especially forgetting them and having wet patches in public!!), smelling like sour or soapy milk (I have that lipase issue) etc etc. I dot want to wear bras to bed just to hold pads in.

I get multiple letdowns while nursing also and I never had that before. I had to really concentrate and think hard about the baby to even get a letdown when nursing Sophie.

Hi! My DD is soon turning 6 months and I still have this problem. I can wake in the night absolutely soaking but I hate wearing a bra in bed so I don't bother.

With DS i wore breastpads until he weaned at 25 months when I was 7 months pregnant cos I would still leak and get random letdowns.

Sorry I have no advice but just wanted to let you know you are not alone xx

Took until 4 months for it to start reducing for me and 5 months until I could stop wearing breast pads. Also had multiple very strong let downs every feed, if I even thought about feeding him, when I got to within 15 or so mins of being due a feed, if he lay back looking like he would try to get on even when he wasn't going to etc ...

I used to press on my nipple of the breast I wasn't feeding from which did seem to help reduce the amount of milk coming in.

9 months in and still leaking/wearing pads. With my DD I wore pads until I finally stopped nursing her at 16 months and my supply only dried up because I was pregnant again. I seem to have an abundant milk supply which is a blessing but god I would love not to have to wear pads. Sigh!

I has to wear pads until 4-5 months I would say, and I get letdowns like clockwork very three hours, even if I am nowhere near Isla and not even thinking of her. Luckily I don't leak anymore when I get a letdown I just feel full.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->