still losing weight at 30 weeks

rowleypolie

Mom of 2, #3 on the way
Reaction score
So i have lost a total of 24lbs now and doc is super concerned- she was proud of me until now, and now she feels i should be maintaining weight or gaining some of it back. i had 3 weeks between appointments and lost 2lbs. baby is around 3 lbs now so she thinks i most likely lost more (but baby is gaining).

My life has changed so much in the past weeks though. I watch kids, I am running around like a crazy person cleaning up, making snacks, walking to the park, etc. I just plain forget to eat until my stomach hurts. Then if its too empty it comes right back up.

I am severely overweight though- so i can afford to lose 24 pounds- i am 300+ to begin with. Right now i am less weight than i was 5 years ago when i got pg with my first- i am excited to think i will be under 300 once baby is born. so now i need to concentrate on maintaining my weight so i can lose it all once she comes.

It's not that unusual hun really. If you were very overweight, pregnancy really speeds up the metabolic rate in some people. I have done three pregnancies now and both previous times I've come away weighing half a stone less than I did before I got pregnant. I eat soooo much during pregnancy and if I ate the same when I'm not I'd be huge, yet I only gain baby weight when pregnant. I think this is the Sam for you, but please do remember to eat even if its little nd often, because its good for you that you're losing but baby needs nutrients to grow well. Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->