Still poorly :(

sweetsammi

1st time mummy and WTT
Reaction score
I told you all that Oliver wasnt well a few weeks back- he kept screaming, had diarreah and sickness and kept pulling his ears. Gp said other than his ear being inflamed he seemed fine and that it was probably a viral ear infection, so just to let it run its course. Well he now has a nasty cold. His temp is up, he isnt sleeping. Last night my poor little man screamed like i'd never herd him scream from 9pm til 5am, so i didnt even go to bed. For the past week all he would eat was fromage frais and mashed banana and his bottles. But for the past 48 hours he hasnt touched solids, and will only take 3 2oz bottles..i'm now getting very worried. I've been back to the docs and was told he just has a nasty cold and it will pass and to just keep offering him food and giving calpol- he's beenon it for ages now and it doesnt touch him. Any advice guys? :( x

If the ear thing keeps coming back and the docter keeps saying its ok please seek another opinion.
My brother had gotten this and his ear was left untreated and in his left ear he went half deaf same as a little boy at my daughters school , im friends with his mum and i asked why her little boy didnt talk it for the same reason docters didnt treat his ear infection , but he has gone totally deaf in one ear.

Im not trying to scare you but would just like to make sure you keep getting it checked out if you think there is something wrong with his ears :hugs:

9 - 5? WOWEE...I'd have paniced and have been down A&E in a major flap. My LO screamed for an hour last night and I was considering it!!:dohh:...I do hope i learn to not be sucha worrying mum..

Trust your instincts. Mother knows best.

i would definately seek a 2nd opinion hun. Even if they just say the same thing.

hope olly gets better soon

2nd opinion at the hospitals baby unit - I'd go to A&E and demand my baby to be looked at there.

crikey hun I can't imagine this to be normal at all!

x x

You definitely need a second opinion. Hope things get sorted and Oliver gets well soon! :hugs:

I was just going to say the same as everyone else.. a second opinion sounds needed.
Hope he starts feeling better. I would be dead now if Colton was screaming for that long!
:hugs:

I am exahausted and so is Oli. Thing is I have took him to the walk in centre first where he saw a nurse consultant. Since then ive took him docs twice and both times hes been laughing and his temp has been ok so theyve just said hes fine. And when i said he wasnt eating normally they said it wont do him any harm cus hes such a chubby baby!!! Im going to see if i can get an appointment this week :( x

There is a homeopathic remedy/booster for colds that is safe for babies and infants. It is called Ecinacea Tincture. On drop of it with water three times a day.It helps the immune system get stronger. I just used it for Skyler's cold as the doctor here said that children under age of 2 should not get any cough or cold medicine as they have had several cases of babies dying because of it.The FDA stands by this statement.I also use a saline spray and nasal aspirator to help unclog his nose.For pain I used Ashton&Parsons powder as it is also homeopathic and safe.
Hope your little one is a strong and healthy boy soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->