Still unsure!

Tiff

LIKE A BOSS
Reaction score
So Claire's been showing signs that its time to give her more Rice Cereal. She's been waking through the night again, after two blissful months of sleeping through.

She refused the Rice Cereal the first time, but has gotten better since. We've been giving her a couple of tablespoons of Rice Cereal (that you mix with either BM or Formula) before giving the bottle. Basically I've been mixing up a regular 8oz bottle, and then using part of it to put in her cereal then after she's done the cereal I give her the remainder of the bottle.

People have given me some ideas about how it might be time to start purees with her, mainly green and yellow veggies. I want to wait for a bit first before I introduce fruit. Although to be honest I have no freaking clue what I'm doing! I've tried to read up on it but mainly I find things that tell how to introduce the new foods but nothing on sample menus.

I haven't tried to give her rusks yet, although I might give her one this week to see how she likes it. I guess I'm afraid of her choking! Is what I'm doing atm okay? I know that you need to base it off of your own individual baby, but I feel as though I'm missing something!

You're doing fine! :hugs:

What we did when we started Hannah on purees we would give her her cereal as usual plus 1-2 tablespoons of X puree (whichever one we happened to be trying). This helped her get used to the new tastes and textures. We also only had her on two meals a day during this time. Once she'd tried all the stage one purees and was eating them well we took out the cereal at all meals but breakfast and replaced lunch and dinner with fruit and veggie purees respectively. It took about a month to get there. Than we started stage twos and introduced loads of finger foods and fresh fruits etc. and it's just snowballed from there :)

We introduced a rusk around 4.5-5 months and Hannah loved it. Give it a try with Claire, you might be surprised :) And if you do feel that it's something she can't handle yet (after watching her eat it/or attempt to) you can always wait a while before reintroducing.

You'll do fine, it's scary at first but you get the hang of it really quickly.

I think you are doing just fine! If you want to do purees I would do orange and yellow veggies first. They are slightly sweet which babies like sweet, but not too sweet like fruits, and not too bitter like greens can be. Plus they have a very low instance of allergies so they are great to start with. Bananas and avocados are also great ones to try after that. If she's happy with the one meal a day I think I would stick with that until yo feel she needs more just so she doesn't cut back too much on bottles since that should be her main food still. But if you think she wants it maybe do it as a lunch so that way you have the rest of the day to watch for a reaction. And wait the 3-4days atleast between new foods also to watch for a reaction :) You can try rusks if you want, I noticed in the UK lots of people give those very early? Here it's recommended after they are on solids, another sign they say to watch for is them crawling, or up on their hands and knees atleast. But Casen loved to eat and he was eating all kinds of table foods at 6mo and off baby food at 10..he wasn't crawling on hands and knees until 11mo lol. So I think really you should just watch her, if she seems ready, able to chew, hold it herself and put it in her mouth, it won't hurt to let her try just of course keep a close eye just in case

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->