Stinging deodorant?

J

JayleighAnn

Yesterday morning I put on my normal lush deodorant, and it really stung! So I washed it off, noticed my armpits were a lot darker than normal. thought nothing of it and then tried again today, and the same thing happened. So I washed it off, used normal roll on and that stung as well.

Washed that off and put on an impulse spray and that seems ok.

Is this a preggo thing? or should I go see my doctor about it?

My arm pits are more sensitive than normal I think. They get really rashy too. Maybe something to us poss getting hotter atm so sweating more?

It sounds like a pregnancy thing to me. I have had sensitivities to all sorts of things. I also suddenly developed dandruff - something I have never had before in my life!!! Try a deodrant for sensitive skin. Or alternatively, you can get something from Holland Barrett called a salt crystal. Just run it under the tap, then use it. It looks like it shouldn't work, but it's actually brill!!!

I've got salt crystal deodorant XkatX, it's in a bottle that you add water too and then spray, but it doesnt stop you being sweaty, I'll try to the rock though next time I'm in town

You skin in general can be alot more sensative in pg.
I always go for the mild deodrants with aloe in them, as the moisterise the skin and i always try to avoid spray deodrants, but thats because they knock me sick.

My arm pits have gotten really dark too! I didn't realise it was a pregnancy thing. glad I'm not the only one.

Wouldnt use it again, your skin does change through pregnancy I only use baby products now, I shower in baby bath! as I was so itchy at the start and dont fancy dermatius as smoetimes its hard to get rid of. Dove deorderant is ok with me still. Its the only one I use.

Your skin gets so much more sensitive when you are pregnant - I think that thats why it is stinging hun. x

Could it have been cause you freshly shaved? I know that was a problem for me with the lush deodorant.

Freshly shaven? lol I hate to admit it but since getting my bfp I've let myself go a little lol

I've been using OH lynx and it don't sting so I'm just gunna keep using that lol

Everything seems to be more sensitive in pregnancy. I wouldn't really advise using aerosols (full stop, ha ha) as all the nasty chemicals going up your nose for starters, but that's just me.
Try a natural/sensitive skin deo, I find that the cream ones are the most gentle.

Bwahahaa! I am fully embracing my cavewoman look!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->