Stitch like pains... Anyone else!?

zimababy

Mummy to Isabella
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I've been having stitch like pains a little under my ribs on and off for the last couple of weeks, the pain goes when i rest but if im walking around alot /cleaning or shopping for example it can get so sore that my bump is actually tender to touch in that particular spot! I know baby is upside down so her feet are kinda around the place the pain is... Dr has said this is normal and prescribed me some painkillers but im loath to take anything!!

Anyone else experiencing this!????

:hug:

oh yeah I get stitch like pains a lot and have done for weeks...annoying isnt it?!

Yep, have had this since about 28 weeks and am now 39+5. Was talking to mw about it today and she was explaining about how your rib cages actually flares out to make enough room for baby to fit. Worse in short torso-ed people (like me!).

Yep, have had this since about 28 weeks and am now 39+5. Was talking to mw about it today and she was explaining about how your rib cages actually flares out to make enough room for baby to fit. Worse in short torso-ed people (like me!).

Does your bump ever get sore to touch too? Do you ever get it when your just resting or only when your up and about for too long?

I get awful pains when I walk. MW said it was just ligaments streching and just too slow down a bit. Seems to help but I can't help walking fast :shrug: I've always been a fast walker lol.
Hope things get better for you X

oh yeah I get stitch like pains a lot and have done for weeks...annoying isnt it?!

OMG so annoying! I mean i can deal with the pain but being a 1st time mummy any pain or niggle worries the HELL outta me! hahaha

Does your bump ever get sore to touch too? Do you ever get it when your just resting or only when your up and about for too long?

Yeah, sometimes get sore to touch, especially up top and both when resting and up and about. Find most pain has been low down when walking too fast etc but rib pain has been when resting.

I get awful pains when I walk. MW said it was just ligaments streching and just too slow down a bit. Seems to help but I can't help walking fast :shrug: I've always been a fast walker lol.
Hope things get better for you X

Thanks hun, you too!!!

hi

ive been getting stitch pains when i walk to fast, cant help it my partner is 6ft and trying to keep up with him is a nightmare lol, he has to walk at a snails pace so i dont get stitches. mw said it was just ligaments stretching preparing for the lil one coming. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->