STM Sweeps: If your first was a success, was your second?

Tigermom

DS 3yo and 2nd due Oct 29
Reaction score
Hi all!

I know there are so many questions about membrane sweeps. This is my second pregnancy, and I had a successful sweep with my first. I was just wondering if anyone has had one with both/all of their pregnancies, and if it was successful for the first, what are the chances of it working the second time? Or does it really not matter?

My doctor mentioned at a previous visit that STMs have a higher success rate with sweeps, but I was just curious what the opinion was out there.

Information on me: I was 3cm 70%effaced, baby was low, but she wasn't specific, and I was "very soft". When she finished, she said, "that was a really good sweep, but you are going to see some blood today." I have been achy, flu-like, nauseated, poor appetite, and crampy all day, along with seeing blood every time I wipe (as well as some on my panty liner), and some plug mixed with blood, etc.

Thank you for your input!! :thumbup::hugs:

Thanks!

I was successful with ds1, but I feel that adds so much pressure for it to work this time :haha: So silly

Yes, I had sweeps in both pregnancies at 41 weeks and both were successful, most recently on Tuesday when I welcomed my little man into the world :) good luck.

Second sweep worked for me - I went into labour about 36 hours afterwards. I had a bloody show after the first one which carried on after the second and was loosing my mucus plug too.

Oh that is wonderful to hear!

Things have progressed, but nothing spectacular. Last night (my sweep was yesterday at 10am), I had lots of bleeding and mucous, and then I had regular and slightly painful bh for a while. It was great! Things stopped, and I'm hoping to see things get back going again soon :shrug:

With ds1, it was about 60 hours after the sweep that I went into labor. I guess it could have been chance, but 5 days early with a first (when my family history would suggest I should have been SUPER late) seemed convincing.

Time to keep walking, stretching, and moving :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->