stokke explory

makecaker

mummy of 2, broody
Reaction score
any good?
i wanted it for my 2 los but it was new out with my first so couldnt find one near me to test drive. with my 2nd i was a childminder and my 1st dd still didnt always walk when we were out so got a icandy peach blossom double instead.

anyway for baby no 3 i reeeeaaalllllyyy want 1! im not too bothered about the price because i was thinking about buying 2nd hand anyway. i just love it and all the bits you can buy for it i love too.

does anybody have one, would they reccommend it?

I have this and I love it!!! So easy to steer and lighter than it looks. I use a bus regularly and it is easy to get on and off but no hassle when we use the car either. When we go for a coffee or lunch as it is so high up you can use it as a high chair and also the chair has 3 positions which is handy. I still have it facing me but of course this can also be changed and lowered. Honestly, I could go on and on, it was worth every penny...... Now for the sad part, I am expecting again in May (this isn't sad lol) and as Niah will only be 14.5months I need a double so need to get rid and I am devastated!!!!!

Now please can you help me? I am looking at the icandy Peach, how did you find that?

The iCandy peach was brilliant for the first few months as a double. Gorgeous to push etc but the back seat doesn't sit up fully so as soon as my lo could sit up he hated it because he was always slightly laid back and that back seat is quite small... So if you are planning on using it as a double for a while I would maybe look at the pear or the city select. I was gutted when he grew out of it though because it's the nicest buggy I have ever had and I loved it. I was quite lucky that my dd was 2 when my Ds was born so I could turn it back to a single after a while. Also when I bought it it was brand new out so we couldn't get the carrycot in time, I'm glad now though because seat laid flat was fine for baby, I just put a snugly pram insert thing in it and it was brill.
Only other thing is that to fold it down you have to take off both seats and 2 adapters before it will fold. This didn't bother me much because they are really easy to take off and after a while I figured that you could actually take the lower seat and adapters off all together if you could fit in car boot.

Sorry this is quite negative but I did absolutely love the buggy just not as a long term double. But I would say go and have a good play with it and see what you think. we did actually sometimes have it as a double when dd was walking put baby in front and then when dd was tired just stuck her in the back for a rest.

Thank you for post about stokke think you have made my mind up!

Thanks so much, I did read somewhere that the back seat now sits up and reclines and wasn't sure what it meant, as I will prob look for second hand also, it's worth knowing as I will have to discount the ones that don't as I am looking for long term. Although bulkier I may look at the pear as I know that has bigger seats?

Just a couple more bits about the Stokke, you also have to take the seats off and adapters before folding into the car (no biggie though) don't bother buying the carry cot as the seat goes right back (we did have it and it is fine but dd grew out of it very quickly and not worth the expense), also when you try it out you WILL hate the mechanism/catch to fold it as you will think it's impossible. I PROMISE you that after about 20 practise goes it is a doddle (you will know what I mean when you try it)!!

Happy shopping....

I have the Stokke Xplory and have loved it! Now expecting no2 and need a double so have gone for the P&T new one called the Promenade. Was never a fan of P&T before and was dead set on getting the Icandy peach blossom but looking at the size of the seats the icandy couldn't compete as my ds is quite chunky bless him! Ordered it this weekend and think they said delivery would be about 2 weeks so will be selling my Stokke then. PM me if you're interested as will be popping on ebay as soon as it arrives!

anne003, firstly congratulations on number 2!!! Can I ask you about the promenade please as I am currently looking for a double also. Do both seats sit up straight, as the fact that some don't is what is putting me off some of the other buggies, I know Niah didn't always like to be reclined from about 8 months? x

anne003, firstly congratulations on number 2!!! Can I ask you about the promenade please as I am currently looking for a double also. Do both seats sit up straight, as the fact that some don't is what is putting me off some of the other buggies, I know Niah didn't always like to be reclined from about 8 months? x

Hi there yes both seats do sit upright which was one thing that had put me off the icandy peach blossom as the bottom seat was always inclined and I remember Samuel not liking that once he got to 5/6 months either. It folded really easily and seems quite lightweight to lift( well for a double!) as getting in/out of the boot is important. What I thought was really clever was the fact you don't need a seperate carrycot, you just unclip 2 clips at the back and it goes from a lie flat carrycot to seat unit. The seats themselves are really generous too. As you can tell I was pretty impressed with it and although nothing is going to be 100% perfect it's fairly close. I still love the look of the icandy as is very eyecatching but as my OH said the kids have got to be comfy and safe over looks (he's always the sensible one lol!) Let me know if you have any more q's :winkwink:

Thank you, can I ask where you tried this out and ordered it from please and also be cheeky and ask how much you paid as it sounds almost perfect and I am getting pretty frustrated looking at the moment, as soon as I think something is ideal I read negative reviews and the perm reclined seats aren't a option and probably explains why there are so many icandy's being resold in the first year!! After paying so much for a pram the first time around I was really hoping to buy second hand this time and also keep the Stokke and get a buggy board fitted for when Niah wants to walk more, but think I might have to bite the bullet and sell the Stokke and buy the Promenade new.

The promenade is £798 with both seats etc. Kiddicare in peterborough have told me they should have them on display from about the 25th of Jan.

I was having a nightmare chosing a double as DS will only be 23 Months when LO is born and he has only just taken his first steps at 18 months!

I've narrowed it down to the peach blossom and the promenade. I've also heard they've changed the adaptors on the peach blossom so that the back seat sits up straight, and I've also heard the new adaptors will fit onto the old peach frame, so maybe that could be an option for you?

xx

Thank you, can I ask where you tried this out and ordered it from please and also be cheeky and ask how much you paid as it sounds almost perfect and I am getting pretty frustrated looking at the moment, as soon as I think something is ideal I read negative reviews and the perm reclined seats aren't a option and probably explains why there are so many icandy's being resold in the first year!! After paying so much for a pram the first time around I was really hoping to buy second hand this time and also keep the Stokke and get a buggy board fitted for when Niah wants to walk more, but think I might have to bite the bullet and sell the Stokke and buy the Promenade new.

I tried and bought it from a shop in Twickenham SW London called Happicraft. The lady in there told me that P&T are only releasing it to 30 stores nationwide at the mo but not sure how true that is? I paid £750 and that included the double kit which is the 2nd seat, and 2 raincovers think it worked out that normally that would have been around £835. I know it pains me to sell my Stokke as well but can't afford to keep both and no room either! The poster above mentioned new adaptors for the peach blossom, but when I enquired with Icandy (as I heard they were bringing out an improved peach blossom this year) they don't have a release date for the UK yet so couldn't afford to wait around :nope:

Ohhhh thanks Sniffa....

I was planning a trip to kiddicare this weekend but think I will wait now and although I knew they were bringing out new adapters I was not aware that the seats would sit up straight or that they would fit the existing model, I need to do some more research now as I guess it would still work out cheaper buying the blossom 2nd hand and the new adapters, hmmmm something to think about?

Just a quick note on the iCandy. The small seats-you can take out the liner that makes them bigger and also you can unzip the hood and then it slides up and down to make more head room.

Thank you anneoo3, we were posting at the same time, I am going to leave it a few weeks yet but will be checking out both options in the meantime xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->