STOLEN Identity..Grr.

BellaBlu

Lovin' my boys :)
Reaction score
What an Xmas Eve, Just found out through our bank that our identity has been stolen, and someone is using our Card # making purchases all over the world.. Pending transactions. Lovely!:growlmad: Thankfully they're blocking the account number and they're monitoring it for fraudulent charges..People are something else! This day can get better anytime now.. Anyways ladies. MERRY XMAS! Hope it goes great for all of you..

Sorry to hear the shitty news. Just in time for the holidays too.
Huge idiots in this world thats for sure.
Hope you can enjoy the rest of your christmas and good luck ttc!

That happened to me a few years ago the week of christmas too, my bank sent my new card and pin number to my old address and the person living there topped up £100 on their mobile and spent another £150 in HMV and bought other various things, mounting up to over £400, the police were contacted and made out it was someone I knew (my gf at the time was even questioned) and it turns out when Id changed my address with the bank (a year before), someone didn't change it on the internal system so the card went to the old house. I was only able to claim £40 back, as a 'good will gesture' and nothing happened to the guy who did it, because he was only out of care and on the 'at risk' register and it wouldnt be in his best interests to take it further!!!! He was ok enough to run up £400 of my money the week before Xmas!!

Hope you get it sorted out, keep on their backs until they give you back the money!!

Lizzie_Moon-
That's insane! What's with people doing that around christmas? Talk about zappin' the xmas spirit right out of someone.. I would be irate, especially since in your case it was most certainly the banks fault, I can't believe they didn't give you all your money back. =( Don't worry, I'm pretty upset about it and most def. wont stop until whoever did it is punished, they're "tracking them down" right now. I'm anxious to see who the culprit is, considering they told us the same thing about it being "someone we know well"... Whoever it is.. Is using my husbands card number WITHOUT the pin.. so I'm guessing it is because he dropped his wallet the other day at the gym! It was returned a few hours later (which we thought) we had lucked out. Apparently not! Someone must've copied down the credit card number. But I can't wait until this mess is sorted out.. Until then. Merry Christmas :hugs:.. Hope it's a great one. Thanks for the replies!

They normally commit this crime via cash points or cardswiping in store. My hubby was caught in a cashpoint scam run from a local supermarket cashpoint a couple of years ago. It stinks. I wish that not only they should be caught, but they should be hit with a bigger scam themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->