stomach problems

RubyLouise

Mum to 2 girls
Reaction score
Has anyone 's child got stomach problems? I posted elsewhere but didn't have much luck with replies.
For a month and a half she has barely been eating. When she does eat a "normal" amount she brings it up undigested. I've been to the doctors and she has been given tablets to reduce stomach acid. Her poo is not formed and she is in pain allot of the time with her stomach. She's also lost 5lb since Christmas.

Her biological fathers dad has chrones disease. I discussed this with the doctor and he said it can be genetic.

I have to return to the doctors in 3 weeks time if she still can't eat. I'm so worried about her.

Anyone else with a child with a similar problem?

*hugs* I don't have a child with stomach problems, but I have Crohn's myself and that is basically how it started for me, when I was 24, intense pain after eating followed by vomiting, and I lost a lot of weight.

Obviously I hope she doesn't have it, but like they say 'better the devil you know', I hope you get some answers soon.

My eldest sons dad has Crohns, from researching it when he was younger, if I remember rightly there has never been a case recorded in a person under 15 and it is more common in males. My middle son used to have severe reflux and also slow digestion where he would bring up food undigested. I am sorry to hear your daughter is unwell and has lost weight, I would ask for a quick referral to a peadiatrician and discuss it with them.
What is she eating that she is bringing back up, is it just milk or food? It could be an allergy at her age but I would defo ask to be referred x

Edit, I just looked it up and remembered wrong. It said it tends to occur between the ages of 15 and 20. I am sure I did read something about it no being in under 15s, maybe it us rare under 15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->