Stomach sleepers?

kittykat7210

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
Am I crushing my baby if I sleep on my tummy? Because I'm really struggling with sleeping in any other position but it's starting to get really uncomfortable, what does anyone suggest?

I'm still on my tummy! :) everything I've read is that it's fine as long as you're comfy! They're cushioned pretty well in there.

You are fine. Once your belly gets to big you will just sleep on your side

Today I wanted to lay on my tummy and I used three pillows to make a hole for my belly haha. It was nice :)

I still sleep on my belly unintentionally. I mean I fall asleep on my side but I guess my body doesn't like to sleep that way because I always wake up in the morning on my stomach lol. I think it is fine but once you are about 20 weeks your body will probably automatically sleep on the side because by then it will be super uncomfortable.

I still sleep on my tummy, it's the most comfy way for me to sleep! I'll do it til the size of my tummy tells me otherwise !!

I was a hardcore stomach sleeper before I had my son. The pregnancy forced me to sleep on my side, and I've been a side sleeper since! Oddly, with this pregnancy, my body is wanting to me to sleep on my back, which won't be safe for long!

I've slept on my tummy throughout all of my pregnancies. If I start to feel uncomfortable, I'll place pillows under the bottom of my bump and/or my chest so it angles me and takes pressure off of my tummy. I find that I HAVE to sleep on my tummy at the end of my pregnancies to get my babies into the right position for birth. Otherwise, I have had babies in undeliverable/undesirable positions. It's perfect!

If you were crushing your baby it would be way too uncomfortable for you to sleep. I'm a stomach sleeper and found that sleeping flat on my stomach was starting to get uncomfortable, so now I sleep mostly on my stomach with one leg bent up so it gives a little extra room to the side.

No worries, I think it would be pretty hard (impossible?) to hurt your baby without realizing it. They're pretty protected in there!

I was a big time stomach sleeper before pregnancy. After week 11, when it got uncomfortable, I got a leacho pregnancy pillow. Until the end of the pregnancy it gave me an experience similar to what Savasana is saying, one leg bent and angled so you feel like you're on your stomach.

After birth my pelvis definitely shifted because sleeping on my stomach was rough on my lower back. I'm just now getting back to it little by little.

Thank you for all your replies!! I'll have a look into those pregnancy pillows and see if they help, I just find sleeping on my side to be painful for my lower back, but maybe with one of those ill be more supported!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->