Stone in ASDA Smart price Pasta

Zipp

Reaction score
Just what the title says, just had one for lunch and felt a crunch, spat out a black stone. Mind you I was hungry so it didn't stop me from eating it :sick:

Only wondered when finished it if it was a stone or someone's tooth filling (def not any of mine I checked).

Don't think I will be eating any of them again in a hurry :dohh:

omg! You should definatly complain, what if a child had it!

Definitely complain! I had some bagels yesterday and it came out of the packet with a dead fly stuck to the side. They were from Asda too. It wasnt Asdas fault because they didnt make it but they refunded me and gave me £10 to spend online with them (it was online shopping). They took it very seriously and thanked me for telling them too so it really needs to be looked into.

Thanks girls. It didn't really bother me too much as I just thought mistakes do happen and it's not like it was a finger, dead mouse or something.

Though I agree about it being a problem if a child had been eating it so I fired them off the below email:

Dear Sir / Madam,

I don't even know how to begin this email as it seems fairly pointless and trivial! Though It may be information that is of some use so here goes.

I was having a Smart price cheese & broccoli pasta for lunch today at work. I was working at my computor while eating and not looking at my fork. I felt a crunch with my teeth and spat out a black stone about the size of a small finger nail.

It didn't seem to damage any of my teeth nor did I choke, so as far as I'm concerned personally it isn't a big deal. But I suppose if someone elderly or a young child had been eating it may have been a problem.

Detail on back of packet was:

Oct 2013
06 LW
2135 00:39

Again not sure if the information is of any use, but it was really just to make you aware of a potential problem.

Many thanks,

It will be interesting to see if I do get a reply. x

I found a dried salted worm thing..not sure what it was in a pistachio from A once.

I got a ten pound voucher :) they were great and took it seriously so I was happy with their service

Eek reminds me of the story when a woman found a condom with the bottom cut off in her noodle pot from tescos lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->