Stop Asking Me 'When Will She Be Home?'!!

divadexie

Reaction score
OMG it is driving me MAD :growlmad:

I have lost count just how many people think it is SUCH an important thing for THEM to know when do we think Anna will get to come home!!

Obviously, me and OH wan't her home WAY more than Anyone else, or everyone else put together!

And of course, I would have said ''the hospital said she will be home by...'' way before the question has even started beong asked! :dohh:

The most important thing now is that she is putting weight on and being stable and using little oxygen.

She is still only supposed to be nearly 31 weeks!!

I hate that damn question SO much, it will be a LONG time before they even THINK about letting her to Dumfries hospital, let alne home! She is only 2lb ffs!!!

Not only that but it upsets me because I already know it will be ages, I just don't like to be reminded of it. :cry:

What on earth can I say on my FB page to deter people asking me? I have been ignoring comments with that Q so far but when someone asks to my face I just say ''no idea'' then talk about something else.

Did/Does it annoy anyone else this much or am I mad?

sorry people are upsetting you hun :hugs: im sure they dont mean it to get to you though!

if i were you id just be blunt and put on my status, 'can people kindly stop asking me when she will be let home, if i knew id be shouting it from the rooftops' that might put them off abit ;)

xxxxxx

I think people find it difficult to say things in situations like this. i don't think they mean to annoy you or hurt you, it's just their way of showing you that they've not forgotten about her and they want her to be safe, well and home ASAP.

It's VERY frustrating. No-one understands unless they have been in the position - I was sick of explaining to people. I think your status does the job :thumbup: :hugs:

I know how you feel but I am sure they are just trying to be polite and ask you questions cos if they totally blocked out the fact that Anna was in NNU you would also be upset. Plus I come to realise that they dont know how it is to have a baby in NNU so they dont truly understand what it is they are asking. they may simply think a baby goes in and gets better and your given a certain date to take your baby home! I am proof that dont happen because we were told the girls would be able to go home once two more babies had roomed in and then that night I got a call saying could I room in with them the next night and they were home!

Just be blunt and say "she won't be home until at least after her original due date, which is awfuly long, and I it really upsets me when people ask me as I really want her home". Ethan wasn't very early at all but it still got annoying quick! Then when you're home you'll have the 'Oh isn't he/she tiiiinnnnnyyy' line all - the - time!!!!!

That used to annoy me too. Especially when Sophie was just 2lb and people were asking if I knew when she would be coming home.

On a lighter note, I don't know if you ever met the creepy medical student when you were in having Anna, but she decided to use me as a "case study" which involved having a 2 hour discussion with her about my medical history and my pregnancy. Anyway - she came to ask more creepy questions the day I was going home (just to give you an idea of the creepiness she asked me in a sort of Borat style accent "Deeed the doctor or midweeeeef steeeeck two feeeenger in your vageeen? Vy not?!" - and this was accompanied by the hand action to demonstrate steeecking two feeenger in my vageeeen....) and she asked me all the questions about Sophie, she knew she was just 27 weeks, and she asked me if Sophie was coming home with us that day!!!!!! 4th year medical student?? Makes you worry!

:rofl: :rofl: Now that made me laugh out loud!

Deeed the doctor or midweeeeef steeeeck two feeeenger in your vageeen? Vy not?!

Hahahha that realy made me laugh!!! :D

It made me laugh after I recovered from the initial creepiness! "Deeeed you prrrrrrroduce colllllowstrrrrrrrrum from yourrrrr brrrrrrreeeeeast?" was another of her questions!! I was so not in the mood for all that, the day after having an emergency c section!

I might do an impression of her next time I see you!

I need some Tena Lady.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->